FC40 Camera no longer indicates when charging

Reaction score
I wonder if someone else has encountered this behavior:

When I got my Phantom FC40, the camera behaved like others have mentioned on other threads: the LED did not blink when I plugged in the camera on a computer USB port, but stayed solid red, no matter how long I kept the camera plugged in. I have tried plugging it in different devices, and the result was the same: computer, media player, TV. All of them would detect the camera as a mass storage device and the LED would stay solid red.

When I used a mobile phone charger (700 mA, close to 500 mA a normal USB port can supply), the led would slowly blink red and then, when the battery was full, the led would be off. So far, the camera behaved like the manual said it would.

A couple of weeks ago, the led stopped blinking red when plugging a mobile phone charger. It just stays off. The battery is definitely being charged, as I have depleted the battery, plugged the mobile charger and after a while the battery was full again. Also tried with an iphone charger (1 A), the result is the same: no blinking, the LED is just off.

Also, I have arrived to the conclusion that the battery is being charged when the camera is plugged intro a computer USB port. The led works the same, though: stays on all the time.

I have the exact same problem.. It's charging so as long as it keeps doing that I'll be happy..

Here too. On a charger it blinks for a few seconds and then stops. It gets hot when charging and I can only tell it's full when it is cold again. I got the impression that when connected to a PC charging doesn't stop since it seems to stay hot when attached to a PC and maybe the battery gets overcharged/damaged when attached to a PC for a long time.

On the other hand I recently got the message 'Battery Low' on my phone when flying and the recording stopped. This was after a few times I had it only connected to the PC and assumed it had been connected long enough so it didn't need additional charging so now I'm beginning to doubt it gets charged when attached to a PC. After that 'Battery Low' I experienced the LED not blinking when charging.

Time will tell.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik