FC40 and DJ6 transmitter

Reaction score
Well.. I finally decided to step up from the little $30 toys and get a Phantom. I found an FC40 on ebay but it did not have a transmitter. I purchased a DJ6 Transmitter separately and come to find out, they will not bind :(

Should I attempt to swap the transmitter receiver on the board to a 2.4ghz or should I try and find a new transmitter?

If I go with a new transmitter, will the 5.8GHz for the Vision 2 work with the FC40, or is there an aftermarket option possibly?

The DJ6 is no good for your AC. I would not waste my time with it anymore if I was you.

The FC40 is before my time, but my understanding is it's somewhat similar to the P2 Vision series - meaning control is 5.8 ghz and FPV is 2.4. My understanding is the 2.4 ghz wifi signal that is transmitted from the camera is picked up with your mobile device directly. That means range is pretty limited.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

My understanding is the P2V series controllers will work with the FC40. But I'm pretty sure the RE device that comes with the controller won't help you as far as the FPV, so you won't need it.

You might PM LuvMyTJ for more/better advice as I believe he has/had an FC40 from back in the day.

Well.. I finally decided to step up from the little $30 toys and get a Phantom. I found an FC40 on ebay but it did not have a transmitter. I purchased a DJ6 Transmitter separately and come to find out, they will not bind :(

Should I attempt to swap the transmitter receiver on the board to a 2.4ghz or should I try and find a new transmitter?

If I go with a new transmitter, will the 5.8GHz for the Vision 2 work with the FC40, or is there an aftermarket option possibly?
James Marks is correct about the controller needs to be 5.8 not 2.4 like most phantom 1 and 2's. you need to be looking for a pvt581 model number or npv581. npv version has the wheel for a gimbal and rechargeable battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic