Favourite music track for a drone video?

I will say this. I am not sure of the actions of You tube in other parts such as yours, but I upload whatever I see fit and see what they say. In 99% of my uploads they say copyrighted content: "The copyright owner has agreed to allow you to use the audio but users may see ads". Now that's ok with me and actually.. if you use ad blocker extentsions you will never see any ads. I've not seen ads in years.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hint..... ANY Beatles music will result in a WORLD WIDE block of the video... (Laughs)
(They don't play around with that music at all)

Well... If they allow the use, is it not legit?

Your question is very broad...
It asks : what music do you like?

The answer is:
Will I allow you to use it or even like it....

My question is actually very specific. It’s asking what is the best piece of (legitimate) music that you’ve used in a drone video. And, additionally, was it free or available for a fee?

I will say this. I am not sure of the actions of You tube in other parts such as yours, but I upload whatever I see fit and see what they say. In 99% of my uploads they say copyrighted content: "The copyright owner has agreed to allow you to use the audio but users may see ads". Now that's ok with me and actually.. if you use ad blocker extentsions you will never see any ads. I've not seen ads in years.
So stop uploading to YouTube and putting up with their censorship algorithm. I post to Vimeo. There is DTube, BitChute and many other options besides GoogleTube.
As for music, It depends on how long I want my video to be, I try to find a piece of music of similar length, and the "theme" I'm going for. It could be slow and easy or a fast or "busy" style video so I try to match the music to the sort of video it will be edited as.
I use music posted as free for public use.

Reactions: jimlips
My very first P3P soundtrack was Massive Attack's "Group Four", maybe because it had helicopter rotor blade sounds at the very beginning. I prefer instrumental for drone videos but the vocals in this piece are nicely floating. I have used the more instrumental end of that song in some later audio tracks. Since that, I've used many other Massive Attack songs.

Group Four

Then after a while I switched to Tangerine Dream. For example, from early production "Rubycon" "fast" part or from later production "Sleeping Watches Snoring in Silence":

Rubycon Part One

Sleeping Watches Snoring in Silence

I like them but my kids keep asking why I put such awful music to the soundtracks ;-)

I'd be eager to hear more recommendations.

Thanks, Matti. At last a proper answer to my question - which I’m assuming could be helpful to many. But you couldn’t legally use music by Tangerine Dream or Massive Attack without paying a fortune in royalties. I was looking to see what people have (best) used in terms of either free music or tracks obtained for a modest fee for single use.

I have tried to find royalty-free music but it is VERY time-consuming to pick some random previously unknown piece and decide in a few seconds how much I like it. It is much easier to use previously known-good songs.

I have uploaded very few of my videos to YouTube and I accept the ads. Once a classical organ soundtrack was rejected and I substituted the music with the same royalty-free Bach organ piece. It was an easy task because I knew what to search for.

Reactions: WetDog
I appreciate the time factor, but that’s part of putting together a film - an important part in my opinion. Sadly, using music illegally isn’t best practice (otherwise Mike Oldfield would become as well-known as he was in the 1970s, to name just one).

I think the OP's question was very specific. His question was, "What is your No. 1 favourite music track for a drone video (name & composer)? Was it free or did you pay a fee?"

He asked for a specific track, the name of that track and the composer of the music. I don't see "broad" anywhere in his question at all.

Bud

Your question is very broad...
It asks : what music do you like?

The answer is:
Will I allow you to use it or even like it....

I have a favorite , its free Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" if anybody remembers. On my Youtube channel. No blocks but also very short vid. [emoji4]

By using Artlist.io I can, via a low cost subscription, choose from many soundtracks. Each video, in my mind, demands a different tempo, among other attributes, so Artist.io lets me find a sound track that compliments the video. I also add others sound effects from Freesound.org.

Reactions: Matchlock
Thank you for posting the links to the free sounds Russ. I appreciate that and will definitely go take a look.

Bud

By using Artlist.io I can, via a low cost subscription, choose from many soundtracks. Each video, in my mind, demands a different tempo, among other attributes, so Artist.io lets me find a sound track that compliments the video. I also add others sound effects from Freesound.org.

I'm a smooth jazz aficionado. Its a tightknit group of listeners and artists. My favorite 'drone group' would be Kool and Klean but to your specificity what has worked for me and has gotten pretty good reviews from you guys has to be Lin Roundtree - You Rock My World.

When using music off of YouTube or any other source that is not your own, you have to ask permission. Again, with smooth jazz being a 'spirit' different from most we all communicate within the genre. Artists are easily and happily accessible most times. Each of my drone videos they all love and have responded in kind. WE look at it as promoting the art, America's original and only homegrown music of which all other American music have built upon, (know your history).

I'm Ubjazzed2 over there. Get your permissions and Keep on grooving.

What is your No. 1 favourite music track for a drone video (name & composer)? Was it free or did you pay a fee?

Cowboy theme song....good, bad, and ugly. Here's the best tip of the day...go to SOUND BIBLE...all free sound effects you could think of!

Cowboy theme song....good, bad, and ugly. Here's the best tip of the day...go to SOUND BIBLE...all free sound effects you could think of!
SoundBible is a new one to me. They seem to have a refreshing attitude. But I wonder what Eric Morricone would have to say about his famous “The good, the bad, and the ugly” film score being passed off as “cowboy theme”? It seems to be the original recording. Classic music.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl