Fatshark Transmitter

Reaction score
I have the FatShark 250mW V3 5.8GHz Video Transmitter (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... aveRF.html) that will be installed to use with teh Fatshark goggles.

I do not have a monitor yet and I've seen throughout the forum people talking about Boscom or Black Pearl monitors. With the transmitter that I will be installing, is there a recommended monitor I should be looking at? I see in some comments that people mention I would need "5.8 GHz, NexwaveRF compatible reciever" but not sure what that means.

Also, with this transmitter, is there any issues I should be aware of (interference with P2, etc.)?

Thanks

Your P2 operates on 2.4, so your FPV (which is 5.8) won't interfere.

Both the Boscam and Black Pearl monitors have built in diversity receivers. All you need is the monitor and probably some upgraded antennas such as those from fpvlr.com and you'll be good to go.

If you don't need HDMI, the Boscam monitor is fine. But it doesn't come with a power supply. The Black Pearl does. The Boscam charger can be bought separately for $5 or so.

Just a simple question: Is there a 5.8GHZ receiver with video out, so you can use your own monitor?

PhantomFanatic said:
Just a simple question: Is there a 5.8GHZ receiver with video out, so you can use your own monitor?

Yes, the Immersion Duo is a diversity receiver with 2 x AV outputs. This is what I use and it is fantastic. Not cheap though.

The Fatshark goggles also have a video out, at least my Predator V2 has.

I have a good performance with the RC732-DVR dual diversity screen from Banggood.com. It has a 32ch diversity receiver that works with most 5.8 transmitters including the Fatshark and Immersions (and Boscam). Some Boscams are not suitable for Fatshark/Immersion.
Nice thing about this screen is that it has a built in recorder, clarity is great even in bright sunlight. And the cost is 117 US$.

Here's a little test clip I made just after christmas:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmnCsRU0O8[/youtube]

Mind: the gimbal was acting up because of the low temperature. But this was just a very quick test, moments after I installed it (and updated the firmware!). The diversity was working pretty good. I had 1 of the standard rubber ducks on it and a very cheap chinese panel antenna. On the Fatshark 250Mw Tx I had the standard rubber duck.

I flew from my balcony to about 900m out (over the lake, and that's always a bit scary) and only 11m high, to take a look at the thousands of birds resting on the water, and could go much further but the cold windchill drove me back inside the warm house. With the goggles I have reached 2 km without signal loss, I recon with the RC732 I will get at least 1.6km with the current antennae combi.

lake_flyer said:
Some Boscams are not suitable for Fatshark/Immersion.

I am looking at getting a Boscam FPV RX-LCD5802 5.8G 32CH HD 800*480 7"Monitor Receiver. Will this work with Fatshark transmitter I mentioned above?

gmann001 said:
lake_flyer said:

I am looking at getting a Boscam FPV RX-LCD5802 5.8G 32CH HD 800*480 7"Monitor Receiver. Will this work with Fatshark transmitter I mentioned above?

yes. Many folks around here have that device and there are no compatibility issues or complaints.

dptcalvin said:
gmann001 said:
lake_flyer said:

It will work. Note that you will need to buy a power supply to charge it, though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1NV1NV0559

http://www.banggood.com/Boscam-RX-LCD58 ... 17321.html

Sorry I was wrong. I meant black pearl.

Specifically, the 32 channel Black Pearl. No one has identified why, but there are enough users reporting problems that it cannot be ignored. Yet there are some people claiming they use the combo just fine. If you go with an ImmersionRC 600 tx, be safe and go with a 7 channel Black Pearl.

Or the Boscam will be just fine.

Are the RC732-DVR and the RX-LCD5802 essentially the same thing? Just the first has a DVR? If so, what does that really mean (with DVR)... is that just a card slot to record?

If it does record, can I record all of the flight data too? (such as altitude, speed, etc)? I will have the iOSD to get that info.

Yes, the 732 has DVR built-in. And yes, the advantage of DVR is recording OSD telemetry and having footage in case of a fly away or crash.

Great thanks. Well, I just ordered a RC732-DVR.

Can not wait to start assembling this bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor