Fatshark Dominator V3

Reaction score
Ok, so I got my first fpv and its the aforementioned Fatshark Dominator V3. I have to say I was not impressed.

1) No manual included nor anything found on their website. I found on another site what seems like a very incomplete manual.

2) Second thing that caused a very bad 1st impression was the lack of a charger... in 2015 even some $20 flashlights come with one, I was really pissed off at finding out I had to shell an extra $20 for this plus another week with no use.

3) The tinny fan button only seems to turn on the cooling fan, it doesn't turn it off! I can turn the fan on, but it stays on until I disconnect the battery charge balance cable... annoying and I am afraid the plug won't hold too many uses. Can anyone confirm if I got a damaged product or if it is like that?

4) There doesn't seem to have an on/off switch for the goggles itself... plug in battery cable and unplug to turn it off?

I dont want to keep bashing out the product, but so far I received no response from the store (Ready Made RC LLC) nor Fatshark about these issues. Either I got a bad product or it is not well developed and lacks information.

From everything I read about them they are not that good (I don't own them) way over priced not comfortable and screen is far away (looks far while using) . The charger you should have got the cables to charge off a charger like the P1 came with that's all ya get .

From everything I read about them they are not that good (I don't own them) way over priced not comfortable and screen is far away (looks far while using) . The charger you should have got the cables to charge off a charger like the P1 came with that's all ya get .

The cheap *** banana plug cables is all I got indeed. I cant yet comment on the quality yet though, but for portability it is nice (small and light), no problems there. I could see quite well during a short test, but I have to wait until my charger arrives (purchased separately). I don`t think there are a lot of alternatives yet that are this portable, so I still see usability, but I was hoping for better customer relationship and accessories care.

I am still trying to find out if there isnt a power on/off switch for the goggle and if the fan should behave like this (turn on button ok, off only via battery cable unplug).

The fan operates for about 7min each time you start it up. If you do a bit of Google searching all will be revealed. The goggles operate very well and are extremely comfortable. Agreed a charger should have been included.

I checked the "manual" for the goggles and the fan, only found separate manuals, nothing on the official site. This weekend Ill do more research and test drive them. Glad to hear they are working well, thats what matters most. Just a bit frustrated with the lack of info and accessories.

Is it worth purchasing the head tracker?
Depends what you have. So far, the head tracker only works with a futaba controller. In essence, it overrides the control sticks with the goggle movement.
Also, I was not to impressed with the Dominator v3's. My Galaxy S5 in a set of google cardboard has a much bigger screen. And a heck of a lot cheaper. Unfortunately, it will not work with the Dji-Go app.

Doesn't work with the go app....then what your saying is your galaxy S5 and cardboard are a worthless combo for the phantom. I own the goggles and everything was as expected from prior reviews and videos. Best fpv goggles on the market for their size and capabilities.

I also have the Dominator V3's. And even with them, if you own a Standard, fpv is a real pita. It requires a lot more hardware to make it work. I had a sort of unrealistic view of the immersive experience. I expected it to be like looking at about an 80 inch screen from 2 or 3 feet away. Instead, it was like looking at a 40 inch screen from 7 feet away. Imho, fpv goggles have quite a way to go before they can truly be called anything like "immersive". And for the money, aside from the Dji-Go app not yet working with the Cardboard app, well that is just a software thing. I'm sure someone will correct that soon. Because what could be a more natural use for fpv than flying a Phantom? And the cardboard setup provides a much larger, more high res screen.

Ok, so I got my first fpv and its the aforementioned Fatshark Dominator V3. I have to say I was not impressed.

1) No manual included nor anything found on their website. I found on another site what seems like a very incomplete manual.

2) Second thing that caused a very bad 1st impression was the lack of a charger... in 2015 even some $20 flashlights come with one, I was really pissed off at finding out I had to shell an extra $20 for this plus another week with no use.

3) The tinny fan button only seems to turn on the cooling fan, it doesn't turn it off! I can turn the fan on, but it stays on until I disconnect the battery charge balance cable... annoying and I am afraid the plug won't hold too many uses. Can anyone confirm if I got a damaged product or if it is like that?

4) There doesn't seem to have an on/off switch for the goggles itself... plug in battery cable and unplug to turn it off?

I dont want to keep bashing out the product, but so far I received no response from the store (Ready Made RC LLC) nor Fatshark about these issues. Either I got a bad product or it is not well developed and lacks information.

I just received my Fatshark Dominator V3 also. Exactly as you stated, no manual, I knew there would be no charger, yes the tiny button only turns the fan on not off. Wait 7 to 8 minutes or unplug it and it turns off. The plug for the fan was also EXTREMELY difficult to unplug. There are two snaps on the plug that once it's snapped into the goggles don't want to let you just pull it back out. I had to grasp the plastic plug not the wires and really pull hard. And yes the on off switch for the goggles is disconnect the power also.

I returned my Fat Shark Dominator V3. It had quality problem on one of the lenses. Anyway I didn't like its use. I'm getting Accupix Mybud today.

I returned my Fat Shark Dominator V3. It had quality problem on one of the lenses. Anyway I didn't like its use. I'm getting Accupix Mybud today.

I'm on the fence with all these goggles...I have been looking at the Dominator V3's and the HDs. Seems that neither offer the complete immersive experience... A lot of people say the Dominator V3s are "made for flying with the Phantom" due to the 16:9 aspect ratio, but the FOV isn't "immersive". The HDs seem more immersive but are 4:3... I am willing to spend the coin on the perfect solution but it seems that there really isn't one yet. I don't want to walk around with a cardboard box on my head or anything bulky.

Did you get the Accupix Mybuds yet?

Try the Sony HMZ-T3W as that is 720 resolution.

I thought the accupix was lower resolution.

Ordered a set of Zeiss VR Ones. I think for strictly FPV with DJI this is a seamless choice. CloudLightFPV with the VR Ones looks awesome. And 100deg FOV is better than FatSharks etc.

I think you're right. From what I read, you can control gimbal up/down. I'm ok with that because I don't want to look like Stevie Wonder flying my P3 with my head :)

Reactions: Yeager74
I've been doing a lot of reading to figure out the best goggle option. I want something relatively small and easy to transport, which rules out the Headplay. Am I correct that the only two self-contained options that are still being made are the Fat Shark and the MyBudd? Any comments on experiences with either or both of them?

I'm on the fence with all these goggles...I have been looking at the Dominator V3's and the HDs. Seems that neither offer the complete immersive experience... A lot of people say the Dominator V3s are "made for flying with the Phantom" due to the 16:9 aspect ratio, but the FOV isn't "immersive". The HDs seem more immersive but are 4:3... I am willing to spend the coin on the perfect solution but it seems that there really isn't one yet. I don't want to walk around with a cardboard box on my head or anything bulky.

Did you get the Accupix Mybuds yet?
Yes I have Accupix Mybud. To me it's better than fat shark Dom V3 but it's not yet a perfect solution. I carry it to site and use it regularly. It gives 16:9 clean picture even on P3A. For the time being this is the best available Fpv for P3 in my opinion as it costs only $199.

I'm evaluating others too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers