Fatshark and ground station interference?

Reaction score
Had a proper flight using ground station today around a local field. But I had really bad reception as it got further away 200m max. I have typical setup like most - immersion 600 and black pearl diversity with Fatshark clovers. The picture was jumping in a very regular manner and lots of noise. Why? Didn't go that far and had line of sight. Would it be my placement of the immersion and the data link antennas? Have a look at my pics...please advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400183528.872215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400183528.872215.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 430
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400183537.787311.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400183537.787311.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 497
First of all, and probably not related to your problem, to get the best performance from you Datalink system you need to separate the two antenna wires at least one wavelength (about 13cm) apart and preferably orientate them 90 degrees with respect to one another so one is horizontally polarised and the other vertical otherwise the diversity property of the RX/TX is not being used.

I have the same system on my F550 and notice distortion on the video. The same setup on my Phantom is clean. The difference between the two installs is that on the Phantom I'm using a third party gimbal and taking the video feed from the USB port on the GoPro where as on the F550 I'm using a Zenmuse and the video is passing through the gimbal and the canbus adaptor. When I have time I intend to try and trace the signal path with my scope to see what component is causing the problem.

Because you are suffering reduced range I would first check your antenna connections on both your video TX and video receive.
If you are seeing interference on the video when the quad is at some distance this might indicate that the cause is closer to you.
Try using a different channel and see if there is any improvement. Have you experienced this problem at different locations? Like 2.4GHz 5.8GHz is a shared allocation with many diverse users so you maybe experiencing co-channel interference from another device such as a WiFi or wireless security camera installation.

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20