FPV Interference With Black Pearl 32ch and AVL58

Reaction score
Needing some guidance here. My FPV video signal has gone from 1000m to barely 50ft.

I have a P2 with H3-3D, GoPro 4, AVL58,(and an AVL58 Lite... I'll get to that in a minute), Mini iOSD and a brand new Black Pearl monitor. I'm running the Video Aerial Systems Blue Beam Ultra Air Screw on the TX and a VAS Mad Mushroom and VAS 5-turn helical on the monitor in diversity mode. In theory I should be getting substantial FPV distance, but I'm lucky if I can get more than 50ft without total video signal loss. I was hitting the 1000m mark with the stock AVL58 cloverleafs and an Elvid Skyvision 758G monitor.

Sadly, the neck strap I was using to hold my P2 radio tx and Elvid monitor snapped at the connection point and it all came crashing down on concrete and sent my monitor to electronics heaven. I "upgraded" to a brand new Black Pearl 32 channel and as soon as I got it hooked up I was shocked at how terrible the video reception is. Trust me, I have more than triple checked every setting, every frequency, every nut, screw and wire in between. I also know for sure that I have the proper connections for the antennas (SMA / RP-SMA). I even went so far as to take it to a local quad race last weekend and have some of the more advanced RC pilots look it over and they couldn't see anything wrong with it. So I ordered an AVL58 Lite and hooked that up today. Not only is the reception still bad, but now there is significant interference with the signal as well. The OSD is barely readable and I have scrolling lines throughout the screen. So I reinstalled the original fat AVL58 and I now have a clean signal, but only for about 40' before it begins to break up.

I'm at a loss as to what to do other than return the Black Pearl and order an Elvid like I was previously using. It only has a single antenna channel but I never had an issue before I introduced the Black Pearl to the setup.

Hoping one of you fine pilots out there can help me out.

What channels you using? You also aware of the bands?
With the AVL58 Lite and Black Pearl I was told to use band "E". So I do with TX and RX set to channel 1.
With the AVL58, try moving to ch8.

Thanks for answering Mako. I'm using band E on the Black Pearl and I'm on channel 8 for the big AVL58. I'll try channel 1 on the Lite and see if that does anything. I also just got in the DJI gimbal interference board filter so I'm going to install that and see if it clears anything up as well.

Thanks for answering Mako. I'm using band E on the Black Pearl and I'm on channel 8 for the big AVL58. I'll try channel 1 on the Lite and see if that does anything. I also just got in the DJI gimbal interference board filter so I'm going to install that and see if it clears anything up as well.

I have used the black pearl 32 channel with both the AVL58 and immersion 600mw TX's. Although I have some dropouts using stock antennas with both TX's I don't use the monitor to fly with but to align the camera. I do have anti-interference board installed but that has nothing to do with the dropouts on the monitor. If the interference is bad and you are not getting the same distance as with the other monitor then try mounting the BP on a tripod to see if that makes a difference. The BP may not be filtering out the 2.4Ghz signal from your RC unit which it should. I have not had a problem with distance nor interference just the occasional dropouts with the direction of the P2's and BP's antennas.

I would guess it has something to do with the bands/channels. I believe Channel F is what I use. Mess around with them to find the best one.

Additionally, the Black Pearl is a diversity receiver, so try having one omni antenna and one direct antenna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers