FPV Antenna confusion

Reaction score
So after installing an ImmersionRC 600, iOSD mini, and Black Pearl 7 channel monitor last week, I finally got a chance to test fly it yesterday. I didn't have too much time to fly, as it was pretty windy at times, but I'm thinking the stock antennas are just junk. The picture on the Black Pearl looked fine just before takeoff, but as soon as it left the ground I had so much interference that I couldn't see ANYTHING on the monitor. And the higher I got the worse it got.

So I'm assuming my next step is to upgrade the antennas, but I've read a ton of different posts suggesting all sorts of things. This is what I ASSUME...

I need a set of these: Fatshark Spironet Antenna

I have also seen the patch antennas as well, but right now that doesn't fit in my budget. My questions are:

1. Are those Fatshark antennas the right choice?
2. Do I need an adapter for them whether for the Immersion or Black Pearl?
3. I figure I put one on the Immersion on my P2, and one on the Black Pearl... but what side of the Black Pearl, left side or right side?

Sorry if these seem like simple questions, but I can't seem to find answers... thanks for the help.

I believe you can plug the antenna on either side of your Black Pearl receiver. The only issue might be your connector as it looks different. I don't believe RP-SMA and SMA will connect to each other.

Also, if you can wait, I hope to test my custom-mod diversity patch antenna this weekend (or Monday). If it works well, I'll post how to build it for around $30.

Also, if you can wait, I hope to test my custom-mod diversity patch antenna this weekend (or Monday). If it works well, I'll post how to build it for around $30.

I really can't order till Monday anyway. I could always get the FatShark ones now, and see how your patch works and use that as well. Interested to see what you made...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers