Father, aka "Drone Dad" uses P2 to follow daughter to school

First off, flying over people is not a good idea. Others may not kinow you are following your child but think you are stalking other children. Anything to do with children, you have to be very careful. I have driven a service truck for many years. I may come up to a stop signal next to a school. I enjoy watching the children playing as I did with mine when they were young. Other people may view you and as pervert or preditor. You can thank all the freaks in the world for the way we have to act now.

Oh Monte, it's my child. I'll do what it takes! When I walked a half of a block behind on her first several independent walks to school someone could have mistaken me for a predator. They didn't. My neighborhood knows me.
And this guy didn't fly over any crowds of people.
I understand what you're saying, but I can't let the worry of what others may think dictate how I live my life, as long as I do no harm.

I think little girls are adorable. I had two girls which are grown and married now. I really miss the young days of holding them. Many moons ago, you pick up a cute child and give them a hug and tell them how cute they are in their new outfit etc. Not these days. Everyone is on the alert....as they should be. In my years of driving in service I have passed many schools and in a few circumstances actually have seen a child being followed by a freak trying to pick them up. I remember one day a young boy and girl were walking past the school..going home I guess. The van following them came to my attention. I could see the reaction of the children shaking their head "no" and trying to keep walking as the driver kept after them. I immediately blocked his vehicle and got his attention. I told him to move the F on . He left very quickly. This has happened more than once. It used to be children could have a little leamonade stand near the street and make a few bucks. I always stopped and bought a drink. I gave them a dollar for a 25 cent drink. They were so excited. Not a safe thing to do anymore for the little people. When I think of freaks hurting children, my blood boils. I was very protective of my girls.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I heard on the radio about a kindergarten mother who was asked, by the school, to come in and read to her child's class but then denied because she hadn't passed a background check.

The fear factor out there is too high. Not every adult who hasn't passed a background check is a predator.

Common sense is an endangered species.

The whole stranger danger thing ignores and distracts from the fact that children are much more likely to suffer from interactions with people they know than strangers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31