Fat Shark Battery

Reaction score
What does it mean when only the two end lights only work? The two in the middle nothing. Is it time for a new one? I hardly used this one at all

Do the cells have good voltage readings? When it's in operation does the battery show a 100% charge, even with two lights working? Maybe the wires came loose?

This would probably be better posted over at DRP instead of the Phantom group, but since I am in both I happened to see this. If you do mean the Fatshark goggle battery I would think that 2 of the LED's are the issue, check the voltage with a voltmeter or a simple battery checker on the 2s JST connector. Even though it is not a real 2s connection, it is missing a wire, but most simple checkers will read cell #2 as the full 2s battery voltage.

If on the other hand you mean a Phantom battery, then I think that could be real trouble for that battery.

First I haven’t tried the battery in the goggles I was just getting ready for this weekend and second it is the battery to the fat shark

I did find a battery tester it said 2 cell 1at 7.4 1at 0.5
Is this batter done or can it be saved?

@Ed Hahn, that is a completely normal reading from a Fatshark battery. Since the 2s balance connector only has 2 wires instead of 3 it is impossible for the battery tester to read the separate cells. It will always read one as almost 0 volts and the other as double the cell voltage. It sounds like the battery itself is fine, if the LED's don't work correctly it wont affect the operation of the battery at all.

If in operation it shows all the batteries as being good then the leds are probably just faulty. So not an issue

I did get out this weekend and it worked find. One question what do you mean (in operation it shows all good) Is there someplace that shows you the battery % of the glasses? I could dot see anything like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31