Fall Foliage Flights

Reaction score
Captured some fall colors with my P4 the other day in the central part of Prince Edward Island, Canada near the small community of Hunter River. Footage is from two locations a few miles apart. Hope you enjoy some colorful views of our small island province.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How beautiful Canada is in the Autumn fantastic ?

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV
RotoraWash, great video and splendid colours. I watched your Conway Sandhills video and as a novice Pilot and video photographer, would appreciate if you could answer the following.
  1. If I want to fly over water and capture the sandbanks just under the surface, do I need a lense of some sorts to avoid reflection on the water?
  2. Watched two of your videos - do you free fly entirely or preprogram waypoints?
Thanks hope my questions make sense.

That's some great color you captured. I love those kind of flights. Here's my color from Colorado.

Lovely scenery and some brave flying along the highway below tree top height. Thanks for sharing.
All the best, Martin

Captured some fall colors with my P4 the other day in the central part of Prince Edward Island, Canada near the small community of Hunter River. Footage is from two locations a few miles apart. Hope you enjoy some colorful views of our small island province.

Really beautiful colours - thanks for sharing.
All the best, Martin

Beautiful video, thank you. Love Prince Edward Island, the food and their people. My only dislike, was the cost, Cat Ferry one way and the Confederation Bridge exiting. However, it was worth every penny.

Wow some colours going on there,very nice scenery :)
I watched it twice. I didn't want to miss anything. I like catching the detail on the ground. Lol
How beautiful Canada is in the Autumn fantastic ?
Really beautiful colours - thanks for sharing.
All the best, Martin
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words! I appreciate you watching and I'm glad you liked it. :)

That's some great color you captured. I love those kind of flights. Here's my color from Colorado.

Awesome flying and capture! Beautiful scenery and loved the low level shots!

RotoraWash, great video and splendid colours. I watched your Conway Sandhills video and as a novice Pilot and video photographer, would appreciate if you could answer the following.
  1. If I want to fly over water and capture the sandbanks just under the surface, do I need a lense of some sorts to avoid reflection on the water?
  2. Watched two of your videos - do you free fly entirely or preprogram waypoints?
Thanks hope my questions make sense.
Thanks very much! When I fly over water I generally use a polarizer filter that is combined with a neutral density filter or a ND/PL as it's known. You can get polarizers by themselves but I usually need the ND filter as well so go with the combo glass. Polar Pro is the brand I use but there are others out there. Before flight, the PL can be turned to adjust how much effect you want it to have from none to full. Besides cutting down reflections a polarizer will also add some color saturation as well.

Almost all my YT videos are manually flown but I do also use waypoints from time to time. Btw, here's a video that you may find helpful in regards to filters:

Beautiful video, thank you. Love Prince Edward Island, the food and their people. My only dislike, was the cost, Cat Ferry one way and the Confederation Bridge exiting. However, it was worth every penny.
Thanks very much 3putts! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay on the Island. Personally I wish they'd make all bridge crossings free for visitors.
Would love to fly it someday but it's classified as restricted.

confedbridge.jpg

"The curved, 12.9 kilometer (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and continues to endure as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century."

Thanks very much 3putts! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay on the Island. Personally I wish they'd make all bridge crossings free for visitors.

View attachment 120475
"The curved, 12.9 kilometer (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and continues to endure as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century."
I would like to make that trip again, however, age has caught up with me and my bride of 60 years. We live on the other side of the U.S. (Oregon).

View attachment 120475
Ok, why the crooked bridge? lol
We have a personal friend that was born and grew up there. Right here in West Virginia. ?

Yes! That's are those colours I mentioned in my post few min from now.
Excellent! There are many maple trees in Canada and they get the most beautiful colours in autumn.

Thanks very much! When I fly over water I generally use a polarizer filter that is combined with a neutral density filter or a ND/PL as it's known. You can get polarizers by themselves but I usually need the ND filter as well so go with the combo glass. Polar Pro is the brand I use but there are others out there. Before flight, the PL can be turned to adjust how much effect you want it to have from none to full. Besides cutting down reflections a polarizer will also add some color saturation as well.

Almost all my YT videos are manually flown but I do also use waypoints from time to time. Btw, here's a video that you may find helpful in regards to filters:

Thanks a span. That means thank you very much in South Africa

Ok, why the crooked bridge? lol
I love a curious mind! :) As I understand it, being curved helps to ensure that drivers remain attentive during the 15min drive reducing the potential for accidents that statistically happen more often on straight highways or bridges. Accidents are quite rare on the bridge so seems they were onto something.

I love a curious mind! :) As I understand it, being curved helps to ensure that drivers remain attentive during the 15min drive reducing the potential for accidents that statistically happen more often on straight highways or bridges. Accidents are quite rare on the bridge so seems they were onto something.
Hey Rotorwash, great to see another drone pilot from PEI. My wife and I usually go out somewhere different and fly each weekend. We rarely run into any other drone pilots. Met a guy flying at North Cape a few weeks ago, but he had a Mavic 2 Pro - looks like you have a P4. Great video. We live in Cornwall and the Fall colors did not seem as good this year.

• Love

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan