Fall colors in Florida.

Reaction score
I dedicate this to my friends in Florida. I took these in 2017. People are showing fall colors and those in Florida don't change till December, when everyone else has moved on to celebrating holidays. I stripped one off a video from my P4, so forgive the picture quality. If you look, you can fine beauty in most anything and anyone, even in your own backyard.

Fall colors of Pamama Area5.jpg

DSC_3392.jpgr.jpg

DSC_3382.jpgc.jpgr.jpg

Stunning pictures
What's the blue coming out the lake,natural spring?
If that's your back yard I would love to live there ?

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Stunning pictures
What's the blue coming out the lake,natural spring?
If that's your back yard I would love to live there ?
Not my back yard. It is a spring in Florida. That is the way they look. The locals call them boils. The water look like it is boiling up through the sand. The are very, very common in Florida. The water travels 100's of miles in limestone and come up in these boils in Florida. Some come out of the ground as rivers. Silversprings is where they made the old Tarzan movies. Tour boats carry maybe 20,30 people over the boil. They show people the springs and they can look a 100ft down in clear water. They earlier Tarzan movies were filmed there.

Home sweet home. ? beauty lost.

We are trying desperately to protect the life blood of Florida, Springs, from development. Tough job.
Sadly, they are not clean like when I was younger and over pumping the aquifer has led to 'saltwater intrusion'. Voters overwhelmingly voted for $750 mil per year for springs protection but our previous Gov chose to gave most of it to big Agriculture (the major polluters) instead. ?
Don't even get me started on the 40 yr Everglades Fiasco. Another sad story.
Maybe the next gen will take it seriously.

Nuff said ? (come see it while you can)

• Sad
Reactions: cneedelman
Home sweet home. ? beauty lost.

We are trying desperately to protect the life blood of Florida, Springs, from development. Tough job.
Sadly, they are not clean like when I was younger and over pumping the aquifer has led to 'saltwater intrusion'. Voters overwhelmingly voted for $750 mil per year for springs protection but our previous Gov chose to gave most of it to big Agriculture (the major polluters) instead. ?
Don't even get me started on the 40 yr Everglades Fiasco. Another sad story.
Maybe the next gen will take it seriously.

Nuff said ? (come see it while you can)
I’m very familiar with the issues. I have lived in Florida on and off since 1957. I’ve seen my cracker friends lives change dramatically over the years. There Is a demand on the land from there being too many people and agriculture. You are not going to stop the people from coming in and just try to stop big business. They will only do a token type of fix to make it look like they are trying. That is reality.

• Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
Great shots really nice colours ?
Thank you. I loved being there to take the pictures. The springs is a small park where they allow swimming. It is open to all with no fees.

Once in a while a gator will take someone out, but it doesn’t stop people from swimming in Florida springs. In the larger springs that come out of the ground as a small river, people love floating down the springs. Many places for a fee, will pick you up and take you back to your starting point. Don’t stir up the sand too much, they have brain eating amoebas that kill more people than gators. Stay away from the side of the streams, the water moccasins are territorial. Also the brown recluse, and black widows are there. I see a lot of black widows, but it was a brown recluse that put me out for quite awhile. Florida is the number one place in the world for shark attacks. Stay away from the springs where they inter brackish water and you be safe from sharks, I think. By staying in the water you’ll keep away from fire ants, which have probably killed more people than ?. The pythons, panthers and bear have far too many other things to eat to bother with you. Did I leave anything out, Capt KO? Lol

Not my back yard. It is a spring in Florida. That is the way they look. The locals call them boils. The water look like it is boiling up through the sand. The are very, very common in Florida. The water travels 100's of miles in limestone and come up in these boils in Florida. Some come out of the ground as rivers. Silversprings is where they made the old Tarzan movies. Tour boats carry maybe 20,30 people over the boil. They show people the springs and they can look a 100ft down in clear water. They earlier Tarzan movies were filmed there.
Beautiful and pure,ah good old Tarzan, great TV as young fella me watch it,

Beautiful and pure,ah good old Tarzan, great TV as young fella me watch it,
I had the opportunity to talk to the old Tarzan, Johnny Weissmuller. It was in a small community then, Erie, Michigan on a cool rainy day. He was there to promote his swimming pool products. We were sitting underneath a pavilion to keep dry. We had a nice talk about things with no one else around. I enjoyed talking about his Olympic medals in swimming and his career. His said every time they play his yell for the other Tarzans he get paid royalties for it. Lol

I dedicate this to my friends in Florida. I took these in 2017. People are showing fall colors and those in Florida don't change till December, when everyone else has moved on to celebrating holidays. I stripped one off a video from my P4, so forgive the picture quality. If you look, you can fine beauty in most anything and anyone, even in your own backyard.

View attachment 120369
View attachment 120370
View attachment 120371
License plates also change color too when the Snowbirds are here

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic