Falkland Hill

two point time lapse
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Erised
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice work! It was worth hauling your bird up there to get this video, I also like your choice of music. I would have liked to see you fly to that next summit and take a look on the other side and around, I pretty sure you would have enough flight time to make it there and back. In no wind or against a slight wind with a fresh battery take off and cruise at 30mph (tops for power vs distance) till 60% battery turn around and make your way back. Thanks for sharing!

Nice work! It was worth hauling your bird up there to get this video, I also like your choice of music. I would have liked to see you fly to that next summit and take a look on the other side and around, I pretty sure you would have enough flight time to make it there and back. In no wind or against a slight wind with a fresh battery take off and cruise at 30mph (tops for power vs distance) till 60% battery turn around and make your way back. Thanks for sharing!
thanks Erised iv never pushed the bird past a kilometer distance.
i would have to measure that distance to see but i am sure a p4 could handle it

thanks Erised iv never pushed the bird past a kilometer distance.
i would have to measure that distance to see but i am sure a p4 could handle it
It is nerve racking to first times you go far and have to trust RTH if you lose signal. If you want to improve on range windsufers help and DBS2 antennas will take you as far as the battery can bring you back, about 7 km out. If that next hill is East Lomond it is 4.71 km away, I checked on google earth and this looks like where you are, I think. You may need a better antenna but you location is very good for flying lucky you, I wish we had hills like that here. I am Canadian with Scottish decent and I plan to visit in the near futur.

It is nerve racking to first times you go far and have to trust RTH if you lose signal. If you want to improve on range windsufers help and DBS2 antennas will take you as far as the battery can bring you back, about 7 km out. If that next hill is East Lomond it is 4.71 km away, I checked on google earth and this looks like where you are, I think. You may need a better antenna but you location is very good for flying lucky you, I wish we had hills like that here. I am Canadian with Scottish decent and I plan to visit in the near futur.
hi Erised i pushed my p3 out 1004 meters a fortnight ago at the forth road bridges
that has been my max distance so far my worry is a bird strike when out of sight
and have to trek my old *** over the heather to find it lol i had a set of windsurfers
but the ones i had were the cheap rubbish. i took a chance flying here as there is a
big mast here with loads of diffrent dishes on it even one for seti knowing my luck lol
we have a few hills here but the north west of the country is the best like sky or
fort william these are the places to put on your list for visiting. have you had any
snow over your way? we had a light dusting on the hill tops so far but the temp is dropping
here rapid

Hi Toorboy, I understand you not wanting to fly close to towers, some microwave signals could fry your craft.
We have a few inches of snow which I think might just stay. The weather here has been overcast for the last
2 weeks, I sometimes get a short break when a hole in the clouds open up and I get a chance to fly one or
two batteries. I live in northern Ontario and we get quite a bit of snow and usually from -20c to -40c in January
and February. I won't be able to fly for a couple of months but I will snowmobile alot and fly my syma X5 indoors
in a large shop at work.

hi Erised oft! thats a bit extreme -20c to -40c for two months we only get hit with -10c to -15c here in Scotland
its more high wind chills.i dont think i will get much done over the next two months i might fire up the old xbox360
lol

Hi again Toorboy, I hope this works, here is a photo taken a few hundred yards behind my house .
It was cloudy all around and a hole about 10km across opened up and gave me a bit of time to fly before more snow flew.
The other one is my WhiteHouse (greenhouse with white plastic) in my back yard, I store my summer things in winter and my winter things in summer
DJI_0692small.jpg
DJI_0694.JPG

Hi again Toorboy, I hope this works, here is a photo taken a few hundred yards behind my house .
It was cloudy all around and a hole about 10km across opened up and gave me a bit of time to fly before more snow flew.
The other one is my WhiteHouse (greenhouse with white plastic) in my back yard, I store my summer things in winter and my winter things in summer View attachment 70181 View attachment 70182
that is stunning Erised it does look cold as well & i see what you mean with the gaps sometimes further
north in the glens you can get a bit shelter from the winds but the drawback is the rain can sneek up on
you :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.