failed update to firmware 1.11.0020 / P3A / Crystalsky

Reaction score
phantom 3 advanced:
got a new crystalsky 7.85, mounted ok, all working good until ...
I made the fatal mistake of upgrading the firmware when the DJI GO app prompted me.

First of all I checked DJI website and downloaded the firmware 1.11.0020 onto a micro sd card and put that into my phantom 3 advanced, switched on, waited while it bleeped away for 10 mins. I got the d-dd bleep to confirm all done.
Good so far.

Switched on the controller with crystalsky attached. Controller has flashing green / red status light.
Video signal blocky or no signal.

OK - so now I am thinking, need to update the controller too. Opened DJI GO app on crystalsky.
On the aircraft status page / Overall status there is a prompt 'update required'.
Pressed 'update required' and it takes me to a blank page with ' Overall status' on the top menu bar.
Nothing else at all. So now what?

I cannot fly. Which is more than just a minor inconvenience - I got my CAA PFCO flight test booked.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

phantom 3 advanced:
got a new crystalsky 7.85, mounted ok, all working good until ...
I made the fatal mistake of upgrading the firmware when the DJI GO app prompted me.

First of all I checked DJI website and downloaded the firmware 1.11.0020 onto a micro sd card and put that into my phantom 3 advanced, switched on, waited while it bleeped away for 10 mins. I got the d-dd bleep to confirm all done.
Good so far.

Switched on the controller with crystalsky attached. Controller has flashing green / red status light.
Video signal blocky or no signal.

OK - so now I am thinking, need to update the controller too. Opened DJI GO app on crystalsky.
On the aircraft status page / Overall status there is a prompt 'update required'.
Pressed 'update required' and it takes me to a blank page with ' Overall status' on the top menu bar.
Nothing else at all. So now what?

I cannot fly. Which is more than just a minor inconvenience - I got my CAA PFCO flight test booked.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Wow, living in the edge by changing FW just before your test flight.

Have you already done a re-linking as suggested in the FW release notes? If that doesn't sound familiar to you, read the entire single post linked below and watch the videos. Hopefully that will help clear things up for you. Good luck!

RC issue after firmware update??

I have already tried re-linking. Just tried it again and no deal.
Controller has flashing red / green light. GO app states 'image transmission signal weak'.

Has anyone got the old version of the firmware? I am thinking it would be better to roll back to an earlier version to get the controller and phantom talking again.

I have already tried re-linking. Just tried it again and no deal.
Controller has flashing red / green light. GO app states 'image transmission signal weak'.

Has anyone got the old version of the firmware? I am thinking it would be better to roll back to an earlier version to get the controller and phantom talking again.
You cant downgrade from 1.11 via official means. Same as with 1.10. There is an unofficial (aka "risky") method that has worked for at least one person here who has already downgraded from 1.11.

Did you have 1.10 on your AC before or something older? What about your RC? What version?

Also, something simple but please dont get angry with me. :) Are you correctly orienting your antenna so that they point straight up and not straight out?

ok, so firmware downgrade is a no go.
I last updated in feb this year just after I bought it. Not sure which version that was.
transmitter: GL300C
Tried aerials up / down and in between.
Previously worked great at any angle - so that is not the current issue.

I have done a reset on the crystalsky and rebooted. Connected up to wifi again ok. Maps are working ok, so I defiantly have an internet connection.

DJI Go App is 3.1.8
Remote Controller is 1.8.0

Does anyone know how to update a controller from the crystalsky / DJI Go App?

ok, so firmware downgrade is a no go.
I last updated in feb this year just after I bought it. Not sure which version that was.
transmitter: GL300C
Tried aerials up / down and in between.
Previously worked great at any angle - so that is not the current issue.

I have done a reset on the crystalsky and rebooted. Connected up to wifi again ok. Maps are working ok, so I defiantly have an internet connection.

DJI Go App is 3.1.8
Remote Controller is 1.8.0

Does anyone know how to update a controller from the crystalsky / DJI Go App?
Can you connect correctly to the AC using an iPad or whatever you used before? The controller will only update via the app.

I have a samsung tab 2 7"
It is very, very slow. Only just worked with DJI GO. I have been using it since January this year.
The latest update to DJI Go will not run on samsung tab 2.
This is why I decided to get a crystalsky - the answer to all my problems!

My best option is to get another tablet tomorrow and try to update the controller.

That was going to be my suggestion. Does the app not work at all on the Tab 2, or just not well enough to be practical? You only need it to perform the RC update and possibly relink.
On the crystalsky, be sure you're using go 3 and not 4.

The DJI Go app has worked on the Tab 2 from Jan until last week. After the Tab 2 DJI Go update - the app crashes with ' unfortunately, dji go has stopped'. It will not run at all.

On the crystalsky - I am using DJI Go app (not Go 3? or 4?).

Some success!
I have installed the DJI GO app on a samsung S7 phone, connected it to the controller. Updated from 1.8.0 to 1.9.2

I only have the controller with me at the moment (at work) - I will try linking up to phantom 3 tonight.

Reactions: Oso
Returned home and re-linked transmitter to P3A. Configured my preferred settings.
Video reception good on the crystalsky.
I will be out for a test flight soon. Thanks all for your help.

Test flight completed and working ok.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello