FAA Will Release Maps to Speed Up Airspace Authorizations

The article only mentions authorizations. I assume/hope the maps would apply to waiver applications too. Anything to speed things up will be much appreciated. I'm at week 6 now for my waiver request.

The article only mentions authorizations. I assume/hope the maps would apply to waiver applications too. Anything to speed things up will be much appreciated. I'm at week 6 now for my waiver request.
They said the WAIVER process will not be part of this because it's done differently. I don't remember the exact wording but at least initially it won't affect (aka benefit) the Airspace Waiver requests.

But. . . . if we could get instantaneous "Authorizations" maybe we could forgo the Waiver in most instances??

I believe it will benefit the waiver process. Pilots can access the maps and see the areas and elevation that are presented. Then with that info, they can apply through the portal with the givin information and help streamline the process because they won't be asking for an unauthorized area or to fly too high. The FAA could cross reference the map and see that the application matches the map. Then it's a done deal. If the application does not match the map, then further approval would be needed. That's what I got out of it anyways.

This should hopefully transform into an app with instantaneous approval. Don't hold your breath though, as mentioned, just the release of maps could take a year....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl