FAA to ATC letter

Reaction score
Hmmm...interesting. Not approval, but acknowledgment. Guess that's their way of CYA.

Reactions: Cale262
I've called twice. The first guy asked for my UAS number, where I was flying, asked for me to call when I was done. Never asked about maximum height or anything. Called back to let them know I was done and a different person answered. His response was along the lines of "I don't think you're required to call us back, but it's appreciated."

Second time I called, the guy talked my ear off. It didn't help that I'm a talker too, but we had a good and positive conversation. He wanted to know all about my Phantom, what kind of video I was shooting, how easy it was to fly, etc. I think if he hadn't been working, he would have shown up to come watch. After I hung up, I realized he hadn't taken any of my information other than where I was flying. I suppose the topic of battery life came up in the conversation.

Second time I called, the guy talked my ear off. It didn't help that I'm a talker too, but we had a good and positive conversation. He wanted to know all about my Phantom, what kind of video I was shooting, how easy it was to fly, etc. I think if he hadn't been working, he would have shown up to come watch. After I hung up, I realized he hadn't taken any of my information other than where I was flying. I suppose the topic of battery life came up in the conversation.
haha, that's pretty cool. reminds me of my 7th grade math teacher. if you could somehow work in a deer hunting question, he'd talk the rest of the class about hunting and there'd be no homework. i'll try this positive, talkative approach should i ever have to call FTC

For ease of viewing and just incase the link disappears, I've uploaded the document. I found item 3a on the checklist interesting.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Reactions: MajObvious

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl