FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can put the number in your battery compartment according to the link. So exactly how is someone going to "lift" your number (unless they randomly lift it)?

There's an exception to everything. Not sure about yours, but there's not much play in my battery compartment of my p3. Putting anything in there, sticker or paper is not going to work. I'm sure plenty of people will put them on the outside of their machine, if space allows. I was just throwing out an example. You understand what a hypothetical is?

I still think the 'free period' is bait to get your information before they publish the final rules... which will probably have higher level of cost and/or requirements. Like pilot training or insurance as examples.
This the reason I will not be buying one for xmas. And for a safe database, yeah, right. Government gets hacked every day. Just like the gun industry, only the honest users get screwed as criminals don't follow the rules.
I emailed DJI last night and told them no sale this xmas due to this BS. Also told them they better get with the other makers and curtail any more BS coming done the pike before they see there business end up in bankruptcy.

Reactions: WingedRyno and RKBA
There's an exception to everything. Not sure about yours, but there's not much play in my battery compartment of my p3. Putting anything in there, sticker or paper is not going to work. I'm sure plenty of people will put them on the outside of their machine, if space allows. I was just throwing out an example. You understand what a hypothetical is?

Are you both Erkme73 and Damnitjim01? If you are.... that's weird because it looks like you have been having a conversation with yourself... and if you aren't... I wasn't referring to you... so I don't get your wadded underwear.

It is a non-issue. There is more than enough room for a sticker. If you look, there is a gap at the bottom of the tray so there is a space between the airframe & the battery.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
How will people know your number? I have not had time to read it all... can you point me to where it says they will be public?
GadgetGuy is the one that has made the proclamation that the registration numbers will be accessible to the public, I doubt the veracity of his statement and didn't bother asking for a citation.

Well the bad thing is and we all know, that it's the dirt-bags that will be our downfall. I am a LEO in Indiana and last night before I got off duty a call came up on our computer screen. The call advised that the complaining party reported a drone (camera-ready), hovering over her 12 year old daughters bedroom window. At this time LEO'S in my jurisdiction only take these incidents as "ATLS" (attempt to locate or be on the look out) and are rarely investigated. However, I can see this issue getting worse if we have kids trying to get their jollies or even worse, sadistic adults performing said acts. I am torn between the FAA'S registration policy and the issue of it's agenda. I will comply however, I see the regulations getting stiffer as we will continue to see more incidents like the previously mentioned incident in my jurisdiction.

Just my thoughts.

It is a non-issue. There is more than enough room for a sticker. If you look, there is a gap at the bottom of the tray so there is a space between the airframe & the battery.

I guess that's going to depend on the registration number length. Personally, I won't put a piece of paper in the battery compartment, that's asking for a fire.

Reactions: aka1ceman
I guess that's going to depend on the registration number length. Personally, I won't put a piece of paper in the battery compartment, that's asking for a fire.
Who said anything about a piece of paper? You really need to read the document and stop spreading your made up fears here on the forum. You are bordering on trolling. I understand you are upset, as are most of us, but don't make stuff up. You will use a small sticker. Besides, does your Phantom run so hot it regularly catches fire, cause if it does you should send it in for repair.

Who said anything about a piece of paper? You really need to read the document and stop spreading your made up fears here on the forum. You are bordering on trolling.

My p3 has no flat space in the compartment, except the very rear, it's mostly vent space. The rear flat spot is unreachable without disassembly.

I'm not spreading 'made up fears', you're the one over reacting to my post. Just pointing out that the idea of putting in the battery compartment of a p3 is pretty much a non starter, not a 'made up fear' and it's surely not trolling.

My p3 has no flat space in the compartment, except the very rear, it's mostly vent space. The rear flat spot is unreachable without disassembly.

I'm not spreading 'made up fears', you're the one over reacting to my post. Just pointing out that the idea of putting in the battery compartment of a p3 is pretty much a non starter, not a 'made up fear' and it's surely not trolling.
Then put it on the outside?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Then put it on the outside?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Exactly - but there are those who are now "afraid" that people will steal their registration number and then use another drone for some nefarious purpose. I don't know WHY they would steal a registration number rather than just not register at all.... but... I guess the nefarious masterminds are fairly stupid.

Exactly - but there are those who are now "afraid" that people will steal their registration number and then use another drone for some nefarious purpose. I don't know WHY they would steal a registration number rather than just not register at all.... but... I guess the nefarious masterminds are fairly stupid.
Then they can put a sticker over the number.... Sticker says "peel here for FAA number"...

I'm not sure what I will do yet but I don't imagine it will be all that complex.

Who said anything about a piece of paper? You really need to read the document and stop spreading your made up fears here on the forum. You are bordering on trolling. I understand you are upset, as are most of us, but don't make stuff up. You will use a small sticker. Besides, does your Phantom run so hot it regularly catches fire, cause if it does you should send it in for repair.

And don't you have a Flytrex glued to the inside of your Phantom next to your battery?? lol... If that can survive being next to the battery, I think a sticker can too... (I'm agreeing with you... lol...)

Reactions: Buckaye
but there are those who are now "afraid" that people will steal their registration number and then use another drone for some nefarious purpose. I don't know WHY they would steal a registration number rather than just not register at all.... but... I guess the nefarious masterminds are fairly stupid.

We see stupid criminals on the news everyday.

I'm not concerned because it will be used for a 'nefarious' reason. My concern is some people that don't want to register, will just use someone's number, just in case they're ever asked, no nefarious intent. Then one day a malfunction or just a dumb crash into a house/car/airplane and bam... my number is on their unit and the FAA is fining me.

yeah, if its legal documentation, make it 5 point type. like the instructions from any electronics mfr. "its there" now go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94