FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get nothing out of it other then knowing you rolled over and complied like a good sheep and then the goverment gets to have you on a list for when they decide to round them all up soon after they know they have most of them registered just like how they intend to do it with guns and how its been done by tyrannical governments time and time again with out fail registration and lists always eventually get used to go after thos that were foolish enough to register or have a paper trail showing were to go to round them up after registration.

and whats really messed up is seeing all the fools that some how think its a good thing to be registered and on a goverment list as if the goverment is any ones freaking freind or ever have a good intention in the hearts any time they do crap like this and any time some one willinly complies and bends over with a smile on there face as they spread there cheeks to get rammed up the wazo then any one else that does not comply like a good obidant sheep or slave. Then they get told well every one else registered so whats the big deal???? ya and so didnt most every one else also get on them trains in germany that took them to the fun camp/resorts the Germans set up for certain people and any one that had any hesitations or knew some thing was not right got goated in to going any way by the rest of them that said well every one else if going down to the train station so I guess it cant be all that bad and lets just do it cause every one is and who wants to be that one jerk that says no im not going. or liker all the idiots in CT that stod in line to register there guns after being told they can keep there guns but have to register then only to then get letters in the mail about 30 days later telling them they now have to turn them in and a very stern warning that they know who you are and were you are if they are not turned in by the dead line they gave people to turn them in and they lost the guns and there constitutional rights. well more like they handed them over and now they regret it. Tho they dam well deserve it for being scumbags and traitors to there country and constitution and being in the 2% of people that complied to tyranny and unconstitutional decrees. and they all acted like all the criminals and bad guys were also going to go run out and register there guns..
and I bet the morons in the goverment that thought up this registration scene to keep us all safe from bad guys with drones. probably think that any one thats planing to use a drone for some thing nafarious is going to run out and register there drone. YA RIGHT SUREEEEEEEE they will.

What the hell ever happend to this country and the people in it??????? at one time no one would of even had to think twice about any thing like this with out just telling the goverment to go freaking stuff them selves and to piss up a rope.. Not roll over like a bunch of boot lickeing cowards and people saying yes a maser I'll do any thing you want me to ill be a good slave and comply..

Its SIckning and disgusting what losers and wussys Americans are becoming. its like they have been castrated and are now all mostly no balls eunucks and geldings.
geez dude,
how do you think the fixed wing guys feel? they'll be required to do some bending over too. i bet they hate us all "drone dudes" right about now.

Are we certain the SN won't be visible to the public? I've read elsewhere that they won't us N-numbers, since there is a finite amount, and they would likely be exhausted.

I have no idea... You may be right, being that they said it won't be like N Number registration. Good point... Guess we won't know for sure until next Monday. Someone should compute how many combinations there can be with N Numbers... lol...

And in my case, since I have an N Number for my P2, what do I do with the Syma X5c that I just bought 2 days ago? And what do I do with the quad I'm building now? Waiting on the motors from China before I can get it airborne... probably have to register those separately.

Make yourself clear, I'm at a disadvantage. I don't speak troll

You're previous post clearly indicates you do. You demean the entire thread by tossing a grenade (calling our discussions 'verbal masturbation'). So you don't agree what's being discussed, how it's being discussed, and you think it's pointless - that's fine. But to denigrate the rest of us who take the time to read and contribute is the DEFINITION of trolling. You might want to also research irony and hypocrisy.

Sorry if this has been brought up already but if you already have an N number do you also have to do this registration?

Umm... yea, it is... I just did a search on my N Number...the very first box in the result is the serial number of my Phantom...

Have you read the rule?

Q. Do I have to provide any information on my UAS?

A. Individual recreational users do not have to enter the make, model, and serial number. All non-recreational users will be required to provide the make, model, and serial number when the website is available to all other users.

I can't think of an upside, but plenty downside. So taking emotion out, the rational thing to do is to register. No upside, but plenty of downside. Simple ROI analysis. Unless someone can say definitively that there would be no prosecution ever that will be held up.
i'm leaning towards your opinion regarding registering.
but your previous post, once we had a right not to wear helmets and seatbelts. all these laws are in the name of safety, yet you have to give up your freedoms whether you use common sense or not.

Have you read the rule?

A. Individual recreational users do not have to enter the make, model, and serial number. All non-recreational users will be required to provide the make, model, and serial number when the website is available to all other users.

I was talking about the N Number, not this new registration...

Have you read the rule?

great, i bet it'll work like the Obamacare site.

Umm... yea, it is... I just did a search on my N Number...the very first box in the result is the serial number of my Phantom...

This would imply SNs aren't even required. That would make it even easier for some to lift your number and use it as theirs when they conduct some nefarious act with their drone...

Sorry if this has been brought up already but if you already have an N number do you also have to do this registration?
If you "USE" the UAS commercially you need an "N"# for each airship, if you "USE" the UAS as a hobby, you only need to register and you can use the # on all your airships

This would imply SNs aren't even required. That would make it even easier for some to lift your number and use it as theirs when they conduct some nefarious act with their drone...

I would have figured they would include serial number... my bad...

Reactions: damitjim01
If you "USE" the UAS commercially you need an "N"# for each airship, if you "USE" the UAS as a hobby, you only need to register and you can use the # on all your airships

That may or may not be true once they release the commercial rules in March.

I would have figured they would include serial number... my bad...

I agree, it's pretty much useless without being able to verify ownership. If the FAA recovers a crashed RC vehicle, what is the proof you are the owner other than the number affixed to it, that's publicly available? None. What is the recourse to dispute ownership? Innocent until proven guilty. I have yet to see that discussed.

What good does this registration do? I mean, aside from the new fees, and more detailed insight on users... What good is there for the public? Does this increase safety? Does it make those boogieman terrorists someone stop considering using RC craft? Does it keep the "hey, hold my beer and watch this" demographic act more responsibly? Does it provide any forensic value after a jetliner is down by sucking in a quad (assuming it is vaporized)?

"Well, I guess I'll just register" seems to be the consensus. But why? Because we're told we need to. Because we're afraid of a $27,500 fine, or 5 years in prison. But anyone who logically looks at this issue, there is no value (perceived or realized) to this new registration process. It's theater. Just like the TSA. Just like most of what our government does. Yet, whether due to submission or fear, like good sheep, we comply.

What do we do when the registration term goes to 1 year, and the fees are $200? I remember when the registration on my car was $25/yr. It was $150 this last go. Does anyone really think this will end well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164