FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: ianwood and Flyer91
Under 19 :confused: Profile says ya 29
my bad when i created i didnt think i was actually gonna use the thread so much so i didnt giv any info but now i see the usefullness and cant figure out how to change age and info

my bad when i created i didnt think i was actually gonna use the thread so much so i didnt giv any info but now i see the usefullness and cant figure out how to change age and info
You can't Jacob will have to for you but see ya added what ya are :)

Reactions: Flyer91
Not within 5 nautical miles.
im still gona fly cause ive heard different options like "they arent rule yet just guidelines" or "they were laws for a while already" and anyways you cant stop me from flying its the funnest thing in the world

Hey Flyer..I'm from MS and that just went over my head anyway :)
But like P3S101 there . He's 14 . All this stuff folks been posting is being read by him ,younger and just no telling .
We all knew this was coming and I really don't see no need in all the griping about it cause that's all it is .
We're really setting a good example of what quad hobbyist are like .

Reactions: Flyer91 and LuvMyTJ
Hey Flyer..I'm from MS and that just went over my head anyway :)
But like P3S101 there . He's 14 . All this stuff folks been posting is being read by him ,younger and just no telling .
We all knew this was coming and I really don't see no need in all the griping about it cause that's all it is .
We're really setting a good example of what quad hobbyist are like .
I agree we all saw it coming and anyways. Its FREE so who cares most of us follow the laws mostly

Reactions: Flyer91
I was talking about the millions of foreign refugees coming to America right now that are just being let in this country. But being a foreigner you wouldn't understand that. And if they did have UAVs I'm sure they would get special treatment
Sorry moderators, but lies like this beg the facts.
The US has been accepting 70,000 refugees for resettlement each year. That would take 14 years to even get close to one of your "millions of refugees". When they arrive, the refugees must find jobs and pay back their flight costs to the US. They also get $1,000 per month housing assistance for just three months.

But ON TOPIC.
Registration is NOT a new law or rule. All aircraft have been required by statute to be registered for decades, but the FAA has ignored model aircraft.

49 U.S. Code § 44103 - Registration of aircraft
(a)General.—
(1) On application of the owner of an aircraft that meets the requirements of section 44102 of this title, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration shall—
(A) register the aircraft; and
(B) issue a certificate of registration to its owner.

49 USC § 44102 requires aircraft to be registered prior to operation
(a)Eligibility.—An aircraft may be registered under section 44103 of this title only when the aircraft is—
(1) not registered under the laws of a foreign country and is owned by—
(A) a citizen of the United States;
(B) an individual citizen of a foreign country lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States...

Reactions: JBG
Officer: Hey you there - Are you flying a drone?
Hobbyist: Huh, sorry can't talk - focused.
Officer: Hey you! I'm talking to you! Are you registered!
Hobbyist: Huh, can you hang on for a couple of minutes please.
Officer: That's it, drop the remote and lie face down on the ground.
Hobbyist: Huh? Wha?

Can you guess the rest?
Presumably this ends with the officer spending up to 20 years in Federal prison for interfering with a flight crew member? ;)

49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants

How is it not? What problem does this 'rule' solve? What crime does it prevent?
How is it not? The fees aren't even couch lint in a $9 Billion dollar budget.
No one but the FAA has ever said that model aircraft registration will solve anything. Virtually every comment to the docket said as much. Every publication involving model aircraft has said the same. I don't recall anyone on this forum who supported the registration of model aircraft. Even the AOPA and other General Aviation magazines asked the same question.

Registering model aircraft is how a bureaucracy appears to be doing something. Even if it's doing something stupid. If you recall the task force was a joint announcement of the FAA and the DOT. That is not normal. What it tells me is that the DOT was ordering the FAA to do something.

Reactions: Meta4
Why not register the drone vs. the operator?
Give the FAA for doing something right while doing something practically useless. They are aware that model aircraft are destroyed, rebuilt and replaced often. Many model aircraft hobbyists have multiple aircraft. Registering every one of them would be a logistic nightmare and the FAA recognizes this.

Just more tax payer dollars up in smoke. With all the pressing issues that actually pose a real danger to people, this is what they chose to act on?
I smell something fishy. I guess if you follow the dollars and find out who put the system and network together for registering the millions of R/C fliers you will most likely find some interesting connections and insider payoffs. The end of public comments was in early November and now they already have this ready to roll out. That should tell anyone with half a brain there is a crook in the wood work. The Affordable Heath Care Website took Uncle Sam years to be put together and I am supposed to believe this was done in just a month? I was born at night, but not last night. I for one am going to contact as many media people as I can, hopefully I can find a real reporter, in an attempt to get someone to investigate and report on how this all came together and who is profiting from it. Somewhere there is a rat in the wood pile.
The registration system wasn't done "in a month". More likely, it's been in process for several months. The Task Force was brought in to make sure the significant stakeholders were heard before the final order was written.

I don't think that was the case. IMO, AMA screwed us all by playing games. Look at their own announcement:

"Registration makes sense at some level but only for those operating outside the guidance of a community-based organization or flying for commercial purposes."

"While we are disappointed with the new registration rule and still maintain that AMA members should be exempt from registration, the rule is being implemented over AMA objections."

They were looking out for themselves. As I saw it, they were delighted to see us "evil drone" people need to register, but not their "responsible" RC model flyers.

United we stand, divided we fall. They took an elitist approach and pushed for registration on the "little people." The plan backfired, and the FCC took the advice of the AMA to implement registration. Only the FCC decided to do it in a fair manner and no pick and choose.

The AMA should have stood up for everyone and took a hard line against any registration. Once they opened the door, it was all over.
Careful, I get called out when I point out that the AMA has badly handled the "drone revolution" over the past few years. They have made it quite clear that non-traditional "drone" fliers are not welcome. On the other hand, I can't fault them for advocating for their members first. After all, that's who pays the bills.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT