FAA Registraion ?

Reaction score
Sorry I put this in the P4P area. Should be a quick answer I hope. LOL. But I registered over a year ago now. I've been through 3 diff birds since then. I thought that you only needed to register once and if did not matter how many aircraft you have or have had. That you just got a number that mean't it was you and you would put that number on any and all drones that you may own. I am telling another friend to go and get register now and she is seeing that there are so many sites doing the registration now and charging 10-24 bucks and want drone info and serial numbers. FAA. gov is not doing that. But I still don't see where FAA says anything about having to provide each drones individual info like make and serial number. So what is the deal if you sell several drones and have more than one drone? Thought FAA registration was just basically registering yourself and not the ind drone? Thanks for the help!

If you're flying as a hobbyist, you should attach the same FAA registration number to all of your drones. Tell your friend to register with the FAA here.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
If you're flying as a hobbyist, you should attach the same FAA registration number to all of your drones. Tell your friend to register with the FAA here.
Thats what I thought msinger. So why are all these other sites wanting your drone info for? LOL.

They are trying to make a living :)

Yeah it's not for me. I've been registered for over a year now. But I was sending a friend I sold a drone to on what to do about registering. And she was telling me they wanted all the drone info. Didn't sound right. LOL They give you stickers and stuff to put on your bird for 25 bucks. lol

Reactions: sideburn
Yeah it's not for me. I've been registered for over a year now. But I was sending a friend I sold a drone to on what to do about registering. And she was telling me they wanted all the drone info. Didn't sound right. LOL They give you stickers and stuff to put on your bird for 25 bucks. lol

Maybe not a total scam but totally unnecessary for them to ask for the extra info. They seems like needless data mining IMHO. I paid $5 to FAA directly.

Maybe not a total scam but totally unnecessary for them to ask for the extra info. They seems like needless data mining IMHO. I paid $5 to FAA directly.
I get it like msinger said its a few just trying to make a living at collecting info and selling a few stickers. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20