FAA Part 107 sUAS Recurrent Test ~

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This thread is just for those who have already passed their Part 107 RPIC test and are coming up on their 24 month time period to become current again.

Here's a great video by one of our sponsors Gold Seal giving some pertinent information about the P107 Recurrent Test.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you are a Part 61 operator AND you are CURRENT then you only need to take the ONLINE test and PASS it! Print it off and add it to you "On Person" documents in case you get a Ramp Check.

I have some surgery scheduled for mid May and going to be laid up for a month. Should be a good time to study up for my test in July.
I still don't have any need for "airport operations". I don't fly out of airports. And I haven't had to look at a sectional map in 2 years. I fly a Phantom over parking lots or construction sites at about 150' and rarely go more than a quarter of a mile from where I launch. I'm not piloting Predators loaded with Hellfires from a conex at an Air Force base in Nevada.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
This thread is just for those who have already passed their Part 107 RPIC test and are coming up on their 24 month time period to become current again.

Here's a great video by one of our sponsors Gold Seal giving some pertinent information about the P107 Recurrent Test.

If you are a Part 61 operator AND you are CURRENT then you only need to take the ONLINE test and PASS it! Print it off and add it to you "On Person" documents in case you get a Ramp Check.
Thank you for that. Very informative.

Reactions: N42742 and BigAl07
QUESTION:

At the end of the video, the presenter says that all you need to do is keep a copy of your recurrent test results and be prepared to show it (and your original sUAS certificate) and you will be fine. Is that right?

I went to the IACRA website though and didn't see anything about filing recurrent status on there, so maybe he is right???

I don't mean to doubt them, but it seems like the FAA would want us to somehow notify them / register our current status with them (if only so they can charge us a few dollars). Also, the phone operator at the CATS office said that after taking the recurrent test, you would have to register with the FAA "using the same method as you did when you got your original sUAS certification." Of course, he is a phone operator at an office, not an FAA official, so...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
FAA Online course was useless, i just Googled my way through a few trick questions and made 100% this morning. Compared to my IFR cert, UAS testing is a joke

FAA Online course was useless, i just Googled my way through a few trick questions and made 100% this morning. Compared to my IFR cert, UAS testing is a joke
You are comparing UAS to instrument flight rating? LOL

Reactions: flockshot

Just passed recently with 100%

Just took my 107 recurrent online test (non part 61) this morning. Passed. Must better than going to an in-person testing site and paying $160

Reactions: BigAl07
Reactions: Adamborz
QUESTION:

At the end of the video, the presenter says that all you need to do is keep a copy of your recurrent test results and be prepared to show it (and your original sUAS certificate) and you will be fine. Is that right?

I went to the IACRA website though and didn't see anything about filing recurrent status on there, so maybe he is right???

I don't mean to doubt them, but it seems like the FAA would want us to somehow notify them / register our current status with them (if only so they can charge us a few dollars). Also, the phone operator at the CATS office said that after taking the recurrent test, you would have to register with the FAA "using the same method as you did when you got your original sUAS certification." Of course, he is a phone operator at an office, not an FAA official, so...

Thanks in advance.
The paperwork that you receive after taking a recurrency test is required along with the hard copy card the FAA originally sent you to prove currency. You don't need to send anything in.
After taking the initial test you do need to register with IACRA but that is a one-time thing.

Yes the online course was a pleasant surprise. It will be interesting to see what changes in two years.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic