FAA Model Aircraft Rules

Reaction score
We only have Until the 23rd of September, 2014 to submit comments that might guide the FAA as they make rules concerning our Hobby, our work, our lives.. I hope everyone reads this and goes to the AMA website and submit a few comments. I hope this tread is duplicated in every forum, I hope we are successful in keeping the government off our backs. Instead perhaps we can work with the FAA as partners as we all learn and grow with the new toys and tools at hand.

Here is the link, please take a look. Scroll down the page and you will have an opportunity to submit your ideas and thoughts.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/A ... ponse.aspx

Visioneer said:
More info / commentary in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19035&p=173625#p173625

As of 8/14/14 only 30,430 comments have been received at http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDeta ... -2014-0396 .
Go there to see others' comments and to make your own comment.

Received or approved? I submitted two comments in early July and neither of them have been approved yet! :shock:

This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information.

ianwood said:
Received or approved? I submitted two comments in early July and neither of them have been approved yet! :shock:
This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information.

Not sure what this means ... perhaps just that all comments will not be posted on their site.

On reviewing their site, it appears they've only posted about 4,000 of the 30,000 comments received.

Visioneer said:
ianwood said:

Not sure what this means ... perhaps just that all comments will not be posted on their site.

On reviewing their site, it appears they've only posted about 4,000 of the 30,000 comments received.

Humm, in reading the reply it says the "This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted" and that would mean that it is in the process of being posted, but it has not reached that point yet. And it then says you can check by contacting the agency directly. That might not be possible. I guess all we can do is try our best, submit our stuff and hope, hope, hope.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj