FAA issues Part 107 refresher

I don't see anything in there about the recert process, but under the linked page about becoming a pilot, it still says:

Pilot certificate Requirements
  • Must be easily accessible by the remote pilot during all UAS operations
  • Valid for 2 years – certificate holders must pass a recurrent knowledge test every two years
Still no description of the form of the recurrent test, unless I'm missing something obvious. On the other hand, I did get a big hint from an FAA contact that the recert would be an online test. I'm not sure how authoritative that opinion is, however.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand your post - were you just pointing out a new FAA fact sheet on Part 107 operations?

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't see anything on the fact sheet about "Refresher".

They do talk about the LAANC system but that's really all I see "new" on the page.

On the other hand, I did get a big hint from an FAA contact that the recert would be an online test. I'm not sure how authoritative that opinion is, however.

That seems about Par for the Course to be honest.

Reactions: sar104
Check out FAA.gov/dronebase. Your answer is there. Every 2 years you have to complete the FAA training course (part 61 certificates pilots) or pass the knowledge test again (for those not holding a part 61 issued pilot certificate. )

Check out FAA.gov/dronebase. Your answer is there. Every 2 years you have to complete the FAA training course (part 61 certificates pilots) or pass the knowledge test again (for those not holding a part 61 issued pilot certificate. )

There is no such page on the FAA website. And as far as I'm aware there has been no statement yet on how Part 107 licenses will be renewed after the initial two year period.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4