FAA asking for input....

I’m glad you’re not involved in making the test a reality....

Thank goodness the powers-to-be at the FAA also agree that multi-levels of certification is a good idea. It takes time to create any degree of testing and the associated peripherals to support it. Hopefully it will be enhanced over time with multiple levels and allowances.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Sure, no prob there.

So a test does nothing to prevent ignorant pilots from doing what they do which I thought was the purpose @SeattleDrone was suggesting.

I may have misunderstood the sentiment but was just wondering how it would help.
As with most things, I'm sure you'll agree, there will always be those who feel they are above the law, better'n average, just plain arrogant and egotistical. Those aren't the ones the testing is directed toward. Those of us who do fly legally and safely are the target. Honest people will always try to follow the law. Crooks and creeps will not. A lock only keeps an honest person out...

Brad

Thank goodness the powers-to-be at the FAA also agree that multi-levels of certification is a good idea. It takes time to create any degree of testing and the associated peripherals to support it. Hopefully it will be enhanced over time with multiple levels and allowances.

We have multi levels now , Part 107 and Not Part 107, but what Russ suggests will never, ever happen ....And I’d bet the farm on it..

We have multi levels now , Part 107 and Not Part 107, but what Russ suggests will never, ever happen ....And I’d bet the farm on it..

That’s not multi levels LOL! That licensed and unlicensed.

I wouldn’t bet the farm but I’d bet you lunch $$ that Part 107 will get multiple levels in the next 10 years as it matures and grows.

I’m glad you’re not involved in making the test a reality....
Anyone starting to fly.. flying in 3rd person 100 feet is pretty far. Some people don't know what it takes to control the aircraft under all orientations. For the expert pilots, it can be the same as doing some advance breakdancing moves, some advance piano combinations, advanced singing songs, advanced yoga moves, drifting an RWD car, typing 100 wpm on a keyboard, and telling people there should be no law but in the real-world, when people don't know what to do is when things can go super wrong super quick depending on the level of machinery they are using. The effort levels and logical processing can be the Same but the effects are gravely different.

Those with a basic Recreational Pilot license can fly with an electronic fence of, say, 200 feet vertically and 300 yards horizontally.
I'm a recreational pilot and I will NOT be limited to 200 feet vertically and 300 yards horizontally - period!

I am very much a law-abiding citizen but if that were to ever be implemented I would hack my drone in a New York Minute.

Reactions: Fat Albert
I'm a recreational pilot and I will NOT be limited to 200 feet vertically and 300 yards horizontally - period!

I am very much a law-abiding citizen but if that were to ever be implemented I would hack my drone in a New York Minute.
If you are serious, study and pass a test for a recreational pilot, then fence should be lifted. Otherwise, maybe the fence should be tighter.

If you are serious, study and pass a test for a recreational pilot, then fence should be lifted.
But that's not the way you stated it in your other post. You had two stages of recreational pilot and both had geofences.
Recreational pilots with NO certification could be permitted to fly with an electronic fence of, say, 100 feet vertically and 100 yards horizontally. Those with a basic Recreational Pilot license can fly with an electronic fence of, say, 200 feet vertically and 300 yards horizontally. Finally with a Part 107 certificate, drone pilots should be free to fly within the full allowance under FAA rules.
If I passed your theoretical test and earned your 'basic recreational pilot license' I would expect to not be limited to 200' vertically and 300 yds horizontally.

In fact, I could brush up a little and pass the 107 right now if need be or I wanted to.

But that was not my point.

That is all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raffaello