FAA 333 Petition Submitted, Now What?

I have a tracking number, some friends of mine also submitted around that time and got a docket after 60 days. I want to see a link for the guys docket that claims he submitted onJan 4th and got a docket on Jan 22nd....a mere 18 days....I kind of don't believe it...

I'm that guy and for the same reason you post as TheRealNick, I'm not going to provide a link since it gives all of my personal information including my cell number.
I have a tracking number, some friends of mine also submitted around that time and got a docket after 60 days. I want to see a link for the guys docket that claims he submitted onJan 4th and got a docket on Jan 22nd....a mere 18 days....I kind of don't believe it...

TheRealNick:

That would be me. The guy that makes the claim that my application made it to the docket in 18 days. The guy that I think you just accused of lying.

I'm not going to give you the link to my application for the same reason you post as TheRealNick. The application has my phone number and email on it. Here's a docket number for someone else's 333 application that made it there in ten days. FAA-2016-1823. Look it up.

Sagebrush

Reactions: GMayberry
I'm that guy and for the same reason you post as TheRealNick, I'm not going to provide a link since it gives all of my personal information including my cell number.

TheRealNick:

That would be me. The guy that makes the claim that my application made it to the docket in 18 days. The guy that I think you just accused of lying.

I'm not going to give you the link to my application for the same reason you post as TheRealNick. The application has my phone number and email on it. Here's a docket number for someone else's 333 application that made it there in ten days. FAA-2016-1823. Look it up.

Sagebrush

When you see everyone waiting 60 days for a docket and then someone claims significantly less and appears to have jumped ahead of the existing queue it makes you take pause, just wanted some data to verify. I checked the docket you mention and it was 10 days, so I do believe you now but I am very angry they are not processing them first in / first out. In fact, this other docket 2016-2071 only took 6 days! That makes me want to resubmit mine as it may be faster to start over.

When you see everyone waiting 60 days for a docket and then someone claims significantly less and appears to have jumped ahead of the existing queue it makes you take pause, just wanted some data to verify. I checked the docket you mention and it was 10 days, so I do believe you now but I am very angry they are not processing them first in / first out. In fact, this other docket 2016-2071 only took 6 days! That makes me want to resubmit mine as it may be faster to start over.

Don't slay the messenger.

Did you get an email from Regulations.gov that they received your application?

S

Don't slay the messenger.

Did you get an email from Regulations.gov that they received your application?

S

Yes, and a friend filed around that same time and his timing was 11/06/2015 filed and docket created 1/04/2016...there is min number of days on the comment period....I am so angry...

I understand the wait for final approval but I just want to know where (or if) I can view the current status? I'm mainly interested to know that I've filed this document correctly. Does the FAA make the petition searchable online once they actual start the review or can you track your status from day one? They issued me a tracking number but so far there is nothing to track (or at least nothing that I've been able to locate) so I'm a bit confused.

I sent mine in January 9, it just got posted to the site yesterday.

Yeah I just submitted another one....my first was for my LLC so I submitted another one for me....we'll see which gets approved first....

Here is how it works:

A) You submit your request for grant
B) Once they "receive" it they give you a tracking # that just shows they have seen it
C) Another department is in charge of "Posting it to the public docket" which is where it's open for comment
D) Once it's posted to the Public Docket (you'll see it via your tacking #) it will sit there "under review and waiting for public comments" until it's either Granted, Denied, or More Information Is Requested".
E) Keep in mind that anything else that happens ALSO gets posted to the Public Docket so those actions you won't see until THAT department gets that task done.

Here is the timeline for my submission:

Submitted electronically July 10th, 2015 (got tracking # immediately but it only showed they had received it and nothing more)
Posted to Public Docket Nov 4th, 2015
Approved Dec 23rd but STILL showing as pending on Public Docket
Approval Packet arrived in USPS mail on Dec 30th (which is how I know when it was approved).
It's now 1/22/2016 and mine is still not on the Public Docket but you can find it on the FAA website by searching for "Approved Exemptions" (this is different than Public Docket)

Here is a link to the APPROVAL page (does not show pending status etc only Approvals)
Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

Is there anything in the approval packet that is not also posted on the docket? I am just curious if you just print the exemption they publish and be done with it....in case it appears online ahead of the mail...

Yeah I just submitted another one....my first was for my LLC so I submitted another one for me....we'll see which gets approved first....
I did the same thing (submitted for my LLC). I noticed that there are plenty of LLC's that have already gained approval so I opted to go that route as well.

If I recall correctly I don't believe that there was a way to fill out the online form specifically for a business. I had to submit the petition under my own name for my LLC.

Does anyone know if this matters? Are there particulars that I may be missing here?

I did the same thing (submitted for my LLC). I noticed that there are plenty of LLC's that have already gained approval so I opted to go that route as well.

If I recall correctly I don't believe that there was a way to fill out the online form specifically for a business. I had to submit the petition under my own name for my LLC.

Does anyone know if this matters? Are there particulars that I may be missing here?

I used my name to submit under my LLC on the online form...

So are all you folks that are submitting 333s also pilots? If not, do you have someone lined up to fly for you? I'm just curious, as I didn't think there were that many pilots out there wanting to fly quads commercially.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there anything in the approval packet that is not also posted on the docket? I am just curious if you just print the exemption they publish and be done with it....in case it appears online ahead of the mail...

It has your "Approval" and your COA. I printed all of the above off and carry them with registration and all other policies, procedures, checklists etc.

I don't think it really matters but if you get approved as an LLC and then something happens and the LLC goes bye-bye then you are w/o the 333. So I did mine under my name so that I'm covered and I could fly for another company should the need arise.

So are all you folks that are submitting 333s also pilots? If not, do you have someone lined up to fly for you? I'm just curious, as I didn't think there were that many pilots out there wanting to fly quads commercially.
I'm a pilot but I know for a fact many, VERY many 333 submitters are not pilots. They are either:

A) Planning to hire someone to fly their aircraft
B) Hoping the regulations change to where the 333 doesn't require a PL
or more likely
C) They are planning to fly w/o following that regulation and just relying on "having" the 333 in their name for marketing etc.

You'd be surprised how many Pilots are also into R/C aircraft and many of us do enjoy flying MultiRotors as well. For the most part real pilots love to fly just about anything and everything.

I uploaded my application on January 4th. On the 20th, it showed up on the docket at Regulations.gov. I found it by searching using my last name on that site. I didn't get a hand-signed note in the mail. There's a thirty-day comment period. After that, I think you wait until you either get your letter in the mail, or find it on the docket.

You can look on this page for recent approvals:
Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

;)

Sage
Man you were lucky! Mine got there 11/21/ and made the docket 1/13.

It has your "Approval" and your COA. I printed all of the above off and carry them with registration and all other policies, procedures, checklists etc.

So do you need the mail package or can you just print what is online? My LLC is in a different state then me, so debating how to handle that...

So do you need the mail package or can you just print what is online? My LLC is in a different state then me, so debating how to handle that...
I think you can get everything online but I've not cross references mine to confirm it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl