F450 N3 total noob need help

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Kind of a last ditch effort here before I walk away from my $700 investment. I got into this thinking that I could figure it out like literally every other hobby I have ever gotten involved with but this is insane. I went with the F450 because I wanted to throw a gopro on a gimbal. I went with DJI because I figured I would just by the biggest brand and it seemed to have all of the flight modes I wanted. I am running a taranis X9D with it. I have put it all together, I have installed DJI assistant 2 and have hit the largest wall of my life. I have gone to countless hobby stores, nobody knows how to set it up or even give me any advice. I went to the freaking DJI flight store in costa mesa and there tech literally told me he's never worked with the N3 or a taranis remote but would gladly take a stab at it for $90 an hour. So I am here, I have no idea how to program the remote or setup the flight controller in DJI assistant because well, as you guys probably know, there are ZERO instructions anywhere. Is there anybody in southern california on here that has anything similar to mine that can help me out? Maybe we can meet up and you can show me how to set this thing up? Can anybody even just point me in the direction of something, anything? I am so pissed that I didn't just cop a mavic right now. I'm not an idiot, I tend to figure things out but this is impossible. Anyways, I hope this finds someone who can help me. If not, I have a drone for sale, never flown.

$90 an hour from a tech worth $15/hour? Nice.
The best part is where he said for that $90 an hour, he was basically going to be winging it. I asked him what kind of esc's I should use and he couldn't answer even that softball. How do you become the in house Tech at a flagship store when you have never even worked with the product? I get it, that store wants you to buy a mavic or a matrice but the guts of my drone are basically the exact same as the matrice and inspire 2. Anyways, I found a tech that is going to work on it for $60 an hour cause I give up. I feel so freaking defeated.

You tube. I have set up almost that exact configuration. It's not to tough. It's been a while but I managed to get it done. I can't remember exactly but you right at the point where you need to connect it to the pc and do the programing. I think your first step is to biND the receiver to the radio and then connect it to the imu and then the pc.

You tube. I have set up almost that exact configuration. It's not to tough. It's been a while but I managed to get it done. I can't remember exactly but you right at the point where you need to connect it to the pc and do the programing. I think your first step is to biND the receiver to the radio and then connect it to the imu and then the pc.

I did manage to bind the remote, I can get the sticks to move on the screen, I can test the motors in the esc section. But I cannot get past that point. Youtube has nothing on the N3. Naza v2 for days but N3 there is nothing. Part of my problem is that I don't know the terminology. I figured out how to label the switches on the taranis but when I go to DJI assistant to assign them? Nope, can't figure it out. The worst part about this whole thing is that I know it's probably so simple but I have never felt so stupid and clueless. Better yet, while trying to assign flight modes to switches, I'm pretty sure I removed all the flight controls and have no idea how to fix that. DJI assistant is easily the most unintuitive program I have ever used. But alas, after I made this thread, tried some things, made it worse, I threw my hands up, gave up and took it to a hobby store to setup. I'm pretty sure I'm too stupid for drones. I'm hoping he gets it working, explains some things to me and I slowly figure it out over time. I'm going to be adding a gimbal and retractable landing gear in the future. I'm just going to shoot for figuring that on my own and learning how to fly without destroying it.

can you find a cheap naza? consider getting the naza m v2 to start with then graduate up to the n3. That would at least allow you to compare, if one worked and the other didn't then that may tell you something. Another trick may be to pick up a cheap servo and test the outputs on the receiver If you can drive the servo then the DJI FC should work (unless its a single wire to the FC). if you removed all flight controls while trying to assign switches thats where i would look first. Is there a universal reset for the radio? Can you do a throttle cal on each individual ESC with just the radio and a battery? this would also start you in the right direction

At this point all your concerned with is the 2 sticks and not any switches. once you get that working then I can point you to a couple of YT videos that will get you further.

Look up a guy on YT called dennis baldwin. You may have to go way back in his video archive to find it but he has a couple of good videos on setting up all the switches on the taransis. I would bet they are the same for the N3 because you are using dji assistant.

Look up a guy on YT called dennis baldwin. You may have to go way back in his video archive to find it but he has a couple of good videos on setting up all the switches on the taransis. I would bet they are the same for the N3 because you are using dji assistant.
Thanks. I'll look him up. Appreciate it.

did you have any luck getting the N3 and Taranis X9D to work? I have the same setup and problem. I checked out Dennis Baldwin and I only found him working with naza v2. I am just starting my problem solving and hope to find some help here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20