F 550 . More questions. L.E.D. lights this time.

Reaction score
I have just got these Quanum lights for the F550 . https://hobbyking.com/media/catalog...6e5fb8d27136e95/legacy/catalog/90777_high.jpg . Next question is ....how to get them operational? They have a balance plug connector for a 3s , of which I have a few small, lightweight ones I can use. There is also a receiver plug from the control board , which I assume is for switching them on/off or flash sequence changes ,intended for a spare Rx channel .

Trouble is, I don't have a spare channel , I am using the DJI DT7 Tx,DR16 Rx combo . All channels are occupied, and the 2 ,3 position switches are allocated to various flight modes. And these Rx's connect to the Naza via a servo extension, 3 core DSM cable , not individual cables per channel. I've plugged the Li-Po into the balance connector on the lights directly ,but nothing happened. Am I right in thinking the servo/spare channel connector must perform a switching function for them to work ,and that they won't work with direct connection as I've tried? And, would it maybe work if I shorted the red and black together on the Rx channel connector from the L.E.D. control board to simulate a channel input from a receiver?

I had decided it will be no big deal to just connect the battery to the lights each time I fly ,and would forego the facility to have them controlled from the Tx . Don't want to fry anything ! All suggestions welcome ,folks !

it needs a

gripple.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues