Extender FireBridge

be better off with a dbs mod
d7c06f_0fefd6fbc62546ed9d5d033a297fe56b_large.jpg

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Drone world has dozens of complaints against them for false advertising . That's only an unboosted fpvlr antenna on that controller . Stay for away from drone world and fpvlr . They are terrible companies to deal with and not to mention the unethical rebranding and charging 800% more. $1000 for a $130 antenna that's a piece of junk. Last year drone world claimed that they had an internally amped linear antenna but all it was was the itelite DBS antenna which sells for $99 and they were selling it for $500 dollars. Drone world is nothing but a scam. They got in trouble from itelite for making these claims and they got cut off by itelite and were no longer allowed to sell their antennas. That is why they have teamed up with another shady company fpvlr. And they are up to the same tricks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinion and information. It did seem too good to be true.
Can you steer me to some other good info or threads on boosting signal? I have a vision 2 plus and am ready to upgrade to the 4. I can't get the 2 plus very far without losing signal. I guessing the 4 will be better, but I'm willing to spend a bit extra for some solid flying. I saw the new Falcon package and I liked the other extras like that triple charger and extra batteries, the lens adapter, hard case, power cell, props, etc.
I guess I was hoping too much
Thanks

YouTube has a ton of videos and results of guys using the DBS antenna. Maxxuav is a great place to find it. I use the Evo boosted kit with both DBS antennas. Can't go wrong . Signal far exceeds the battery. I think it holds the world record in every category . And it's not hard to find hundreds of happy customers .

Reactions: dparkins
YouTube has a ton of videos and results of guys using the DBS antenna. Maxxuav is a great place to find it. I use the Evo boosted kit with both DBS antennas. Can't go wrong . Signal far exceeds the battery. I think it holds the world record in every category . And it's not hard to find hundreds of happy customers .

Thanks for the advise and recommendation phantom13flyer!

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Thanks for the advise and recommendation phantom13flyer!

Good luck!! Just do your research and goggle company names and owners . It's amazing how much information is seconds away and has saved me from losing a lot of money. There's some really good Facebook groups as well. Ask as many people as you can in a bunch of different places because the Facebook groups are often ran by vendors so the info is biased just be careful. Have fun !!

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Good luck!! Just do your research and goggle company names and owners . It's amazing how much information is seconds away and has saved me from losing a lot of money. There's some really good Facebook groups as well. Ask as many people as you can in a bunch of different places because the Facebook groups are often ran by vendors so the info is biased just be careful. Have fun !!

Thanks again. that's why I jumped in here with a few questions. I was hoping to get some REAL comments from users with experience with these. DroneWorld sure made a good marketing video on that Falcon package, but you are right - research is best before pulling the trigger.

Drone world has dozens of complaints against them for false advertising . That's only an unboosted fpvlr antenna on that controller . Stay for away from drone world and fpvlr . They are terrible companies to deal with and not to mention the unethical rebranding and charging 800% more. $1000 for a $130 antenna that's a piece of junk. Last year drone world claimed that they had an internally amped linear antenna but all it was was the itelite DBS antenna which sells for $99 and they were selling it for $500 dollars. Drone world is nothing but a scam. They got in trouble from itelite for making these claims and they got cut off by itelite and were no longer allowed to sell their antennas. That is why they have teamed up with another shady company fpvlr. And they are up to the same tricks.

I agree. Every Time I see an ad from drone world, it's the exact same product developed by someone else but with a drone world sticker and a major premium. Stay away from them and buy the same product elsewhere for the proper price tag

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was just thinking about getting that modded controller too...I have the maxxuav "the big one" unboosted ...I guess I should boost it to make a decision before I look at DroneWorld...I mean if I got the falcon kit ..the first thing I would do is remove the silly skin

I was just thinking about getting that modded controller too...I have the maxxuav "the big one" unboosted ...I guess I should boost it to make a decision before I look at DroneWorld...I mean if I got the falcon kit ..the first thing I would do is remove the silly skin

The DroneWorld mod description claims it is amplified, but that is not the opinion of other more knowledgeable users who have commented here and looks like it has just an upgraded antenna.
I'm looking at this which by other claims, seems to be a real amp'd mod.
DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus

Still doing research, but if so.... it will be much cheaper and maybe better performance than the DroneWorld option.
Are you using just an antenna upgrade now? If yes - which one and have you seen big improvement?

I have the MaxxUAV same as in post #2 unboosted i've gone maybe 6 miles on on P3P on a single battery 12 in total over water ...it emergency landed on the beach inches from the water

I have the MaxxUAV same as in post #2 unboosted i've gone maybe 6 miles on on P3P on a single battery 12 in total over water ...it emergency landed on the beach inches from the water
I wonder how much more boosted would give you? I'm in congested area and really want better connection for safety and over some tree lines.

the one at droneworld is not boosted this is what boosted looks like
upload_2016-9-20_11-45-59.png

I wonder how much more boosted would give you? I'm in congested area and really want better connection for safety and over some tree lines.
would give you a great signal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl