ESC Errors

Reaction score
I had to replace the body of my P4P and I am getting ESC errors on all 4 motors.

When I was putting it together I forgot to put the bottom shell back on before screwingnin the motors. I read somone else did this and it damaged the motors because the screws hit the copper coils. I also soldered the wires with a high wattage soldering iron, but my solder points are clean.

Is it more likely the errors are from the screws in going too deep in the motors or could I have messed up the boards?

Also are the motors all the same, just wired differently for CCW and CW? I'm looking at some replacement motors that don't specify either direction.

I had to replace the body of my P4P and I am getting ESC errors on all 4 motors.

When I was putting it together I forgot to put the bottom shell back on before screwingnin the motors. I read somone else did this and it damaged the motors because the screws hit the copper coils. I also soldered the wires with a high wattage soldering iron, but my solder points are clean.

Is it more likely the errors are from the screws in going too deep in the motors or could I have messed up the boards?

Also are the motors all the same, just wired differently for CCW and CW? I'm looking at some replacement motors that don't specify either direction.
Um ,I suppose it back together now ? Here's a pic of one my motors,can you see any damage to the varnish on copper coils,that's all it takes,,hey also I been around drone bits for a while and I still don't know answer to the direction of these p4 motors because they are unmarked,,I'm in process of a reassemble of a old crashed p4 and these motor wires were cut,,all wire color the same black white and grey I I thought the esc controls which direction they spin,,,if this is wrong can someone please fill us in....
15630598006251135633141.jpg

I hate to tell you.......without the bottom shell the screws go into the motor coil windings, shorts them out and destroys the motor. There’s no repairing that.

Fortunately, motors are inexpensive!

Reactions: Oso
If I got a dollar for all of my drone boink-ups, I could afford a first class around the world cruise. Press on, your positive attitude is obvious - great fun will be your reward.

?

If I got a dollar for all of my drone boink-ups, I could afford a first class around the world cruise. Press on, your positive attitude is obvious - great fun will be your reward.

?

This ain't my first rodeo. I crashed one of my Mavics and had to do some gimbal repair for it.

This whole thing sucks more because I partially backed over my P4P with my truck. It damaged the body and broke the gimbal yaw arm and ripped a few ribbon cables. I finally got the camera and gimbal stuff sorted and a new body but I just misremembered the steps I took taking it apart and ended up with 4 dmamged motors.

Order is in, hopefully they come by midweek and I can finish this up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4