ESC Error

Reaction score
I keep reading about this error and I'm curious as to what can actually cause the error should it every happen to me.

Does anyone know what the causes are?

thxs
slkfis

I keep reading about this error and I'm curious as to what can actually cause the error should it every happen to me.

Two possibilities:
1. Motor failure or working outside of spec
2. Electronic Speed Controller circuit damage

And if you mean what causes it to appear on your phone:
1. ESC circuit contains micro-controller which gathers information about motor rotation speed, voltage and current. It also monitors whether a change to input causes a proper change in motor movement. If any of the values exceed bounds for certain conditions, the ESC circuit sets proper error bit in its state value.
2. The ESC micro-controller is connected to Flight Controller via serial interface. The FC sends ESCs configuration requests, and receives back the status value (motor speed is set by a different interface, because it requires fast rections).
3. If any of the error bits in status value is non-zero, the FC marks that ESC as faulty. It later sends information about faulty ESCs to Radio Controller through the transmitter on OFDM board.

The annoying thing about it is - the FC doesn't share the information about what specific error the ESC reported. It only shares whether there's a fault or not. Fortunately the details about ESC error can be retrieved from the DAT logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: slkfis17
Go over to DJI Forum and ask Moderators for FW 1.11.30 ..... a 'fix-it' for ESC errors for some P3A / P3P after recent 1.11.20 FW updates...

If you are not using 1.11.20 FW - then it probably does not apply ... but maybe worth asking them.

What I do not understand is why DJI insist on making people ask for this 1.11.30 FW instead of having online with just a comment ... for ESC error situations ... but NO - you have to go ask them.

Nigel

Reactions: slkfis17
Thanks very much to all for their replies. The gives me some info to file.
slkfis

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20