Erroneous low battery warning with firmware 1.3.2

Reaction score
In my last 4 long flights I have noticed an erroneous low battery warning since upgrading to the new firmware. It occurs when I have the RTH altitude set to 500 meters (I fly near mountains that are 480 meters high) and am out about 8000 - 10,000 feet out. It seems to occur at about the same time in the flight each time. It happens at about 75% battery and must dismiss the warning or it will force a RTH. After I dismiss the warning I notice the H is no longer on the power line for a brief period, but then returns to where it should be after a minute or two.

I am aware that the P3 takes into account the power necessary to fly up to 500 meters, back home and then back down. I'm used to this as I have done these kinds of flights a number of times. This is different. The low battery warning is premature even considering my distance and altitude.

Anyone else encounter this?

What do you have it set on in the app? and does the telemetry reflect that setting? Do you have all the other apps on your device shut down when you are flying as well as setting the device to airplane mode once you have downloader your maps?

I have gotten a low battery warning a couple of times that was the result of the battery not being seat fully. Check and make sure before every flight that the battery is fully in and locked. There should be no gap at the joint where the battery meets the case. If there is any gap, it is not all the way in. That being said, clean the contacts on the bird and the battery with some electrical contact spray or alcohol and seat the battery several times to clean them.

I would bet the battery is not fully contacted with the bird.

Thanks bobmyers, I don't suspect it is the battery itself because the P3 flies fine and after I cancel the warning it figures itself out and puts the H in the proper place. I would think if it was a battery connection issue it wouldn't reset mid-flight. I always double check my battery contact since reading the treads here after I first got it.

I don't run any other apps on the tablet. I may have forgotten to put it in airplane mode. That is a possibility I will check out.

It is a consistent and reproducible issue that happens no matter which battery I am flying with.

Thanks bobmyers, I don't suspect it is the battery itself because the P3 flies fine and after I cancel the warning it figures itself out and puts the H in the proper place. I would think if it was a battery connection issue it wouldn't reset mid-flight. I always double check my battery contact since reading the treads here after I first got it.

I don't run any other apps on the tablet. I may have forgotten to put it in airplane mode. That is a possibility I will check out.

It is a consistent and reproducible issue that happens no matter which battery I am flying with.
Keep us posted-- interesting subject

Same with me here. At 70% aprox. The RTH came without notice and, because I was kind of far, I just let it return, but with a question mark on my head... Why? Some people says is the new smart RTH.

In my last 4 long flights I have noticed an erroneous low battery warning since upgrading to the new firmware. It occurs when I have the RTH altitude set to 500 meters (I fly near mountains that are 480 meters high) and am out about 8000 - 10,000 feet out. It seems to occur at about the same time in the flight each time. It happens at about 75% battery and must dismiss the warning or it will force a RTH. After I dismiss the warning I notice the H is no longer on the power line for a brief period, but then returns to where it should be after a minute or two.

I am aware that the P3 takes into account the power necessary to fly up to 500 meters, back home and then back down. I'm used to this as I have done these kinds of flights a number of times. This is different. The low battery warning is premature even considering my distance and altitude.

Did you update the battery firmware using the GO firmware? Did you also make sure the battery temperature was in range before updating any of the batteries firmware?

With the Go app the R/C, A/C a/c = aircraft), and Battery firmware each are to be updated.

Did you update the battery firmware using the GO firmware? Did you also make sure the battery temperature was in range before updating any of the batteries firmware?

With the Go app the R/C, A/C a/c = aircraft), and Battery firmware each are to be updated.
I manually updated the firmware to 1.3.2 for the P3, remote and batteries. I was using DJI Pilot 1.2. Does the Go app require different firmware?

Does it happen consistently in a different location? The fact that your home point disappears leads me to believe it's not a battery issue, but a GPS issue... ie, you lose the HP, the bird thinks it's in Botswana so it tells you it doesn't have enough juice to return home.

Does it happen consistently in a different location? The fact that your home point disappears leads me to believe it's not a battery issue, but a GPS issue... ie, you lose the HP, the bird thinks it's in Botswana so it tells you it doesn't have enough juice to return home.

I'm not sure it loses the home point, although that isn't something I'd considered. The first time it happened the P3 did spin around and start its way back home so I suspect it knows where it is. I canceled it when I saw it had about 70% battery left. I'm talking about the little H that moves along the power meter on the top of the screen. The further out you go, the further the H moves to the right. It appears that it miscalculates the power to safely return home.

I'm not sure it loses the home point, although that isn't something I'd considered. The first time it happened the P3 did spin around and start its way back home so I suspect it knows where it is. I canceled it when I saw it had about 70% battery left. I'm talking about the little H that moves along the power meter on the top of the screen. The further out you go, the further the H moves to the right. It appears that it miscalculates the power to safely return home.
I see. What happens when you set the RTH height to something more common, like 30m?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31