Erratic power

It has been said soooo many times that you CANNOT evaluate motor operation(s) when the quad is tied to the groud (or anything) or no props!!!

You have given an input to the FC and it is trying to obey, but it can't move!!!

It has been said soooo many times that you CANNOT evaluate motor operation(s) when the quad is tied to the groud (or anything) or no props!!!

You have given an input to the FC and it is trying to obey, but it can't move!!!
My bad! Sorry.
I had wrongly assumed that without any assists on that the altimeter, gps and any other sensors were off so therefore could be discounted as the prime suspects for random throttling up as they try to adjust for where they incorrectly "think" the Phantom should be .... so all input from the tx would be for want of a better phrase unadulterated.

You know what they say about a little knowledge

Phil

The GPS puck is the part that breaks, I think it's the antenna. Someone smarter want to elaborate??? :D

The puck is loosely used to describe the whole GPS assembly as it is housed in a puck like housing when used externally.

The antenna is categorized as a patch antenna and this is what is commonly cracking.

The puck is loosely used to describe the whole GPS assembly as it is housed in a puck like housing when used externally.

The antenna is categorized as a patch antenna and this is what is commonly cracking.
Nice,
Thank you N017RW, I meant to say "PATCH" all along. Duur :rolleyes:

Ok, I understand why you cannot evaluate when the drone is held down and you try to fly. Sorry it took a while to sink in!
However, if all pre-flight checks are complete and CSC is done to activate the props but you do not try to fly what could cause the motors to rev up and down of their own accord?

Ok, I understand why you cannot evaluate when the drone is held down and you try to fly. Sorry it took a while to sink in!
However, if all pre-flight checks are complete and CSC is done to activate the props but you do not try to fly what could cause the motors to rev up and down of their own accord?

Phantoms are not designed to sit on the ground and idle. The motors rev up and down, as you put it, because of slight variations in the GPS signal. The Phantom is always trying to maintain it's position when the motors are running.

Leave your Phantom running for 20 seconds, without moving the controls and it will initiate RTH, if it works like mine does. 10 seconds later, it will try to climb to RTH altitude.

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PHANTOM MOTORS RUNNING.

The Phantom is designed to fly once the motors are started.
The Phantom is designed to have the motors stopped upon landing.
Read it in the manual.

If you don't believe me, try it with props on and stand back, way back, especially after landing.
http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html

Phantoms are not designed to sit on the ground and idle. The motors rev up and down, as you put it, because of slight variations in the GPS signal. The Phantom is always trying to maintain it's position when the motors are running.

Leave your Phantom running for 20 seconds, without moving the controls and it will initiate RTH, if it works like mine does. 10 seconds later, it will try to climb to RTH altitude.

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PHANTOM MOTORS RUNNING.

The Phantom is designed to fly once the motors are started.
The Phantom is designed to have the motors stopped upon landing.
Read it in the manual.

If you don't believe me, try it with props on and stand back, way back, especially after landing.
http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html
Ok, thanks for that info, I was unaware of that fact. I have no reason to disbelieve you and no I will not check as you suggest because it will end badly as previously mentioned.
Going back to my first email of this thread there is a problem when flying. It is so bad now that I dare not fly the drone as I know it will end badly. It has been a progressive fault where the control of the drone got worse over approx 10 flights to the point now where as soon as I take off (within 10 secs of starting) the drone shoots up in the air and will not respond properly to any controls. Any ideas on how or what else I can check to try and establish what has gone wrong?

I have similar issues. Not isolated to one drone. Has happened to three different P2V+V2. Once battery goes to 50 to 60% the unit does a wobble and descends even though sticks have not been touched. At 100 ft altitude drone still bounces off the ground before up throttle is effective. At 200 ft up throttle is effective at about 25 ft above the ground. Now up throttle is sluggish at best. I have confirmed all the lastest upgrades for all aspects of the drone. Even the remote controls have the V2 upgrades not the V3's as required.
My guess is that the V3 RC or drone programming is affecting the V2 drone and causing the sudden altitude loss problem. Again 3 different V2 dones, the same problem.

Reactions: Farasi
I have similar issues. Not isolated to one drone. Has happened to three different P2V+V2. Once battery goes to 50 to 60% the unit does a wobble and descends even though sticks have not been touched. At 100 ft altitude drone still bounces off the ground before up throttle is effective. At 200 ft up throttle is effective at about 25 ft above the ground. Now up throttle is sluggish at best. I have confirmed all the lastest upgrades for all aspects of the drone. Even the remote controls have the V2 upgrades not the V3's as required.
My guess is that the V3 RC or drone programming is affecting the V2 drone and causing the sudden altitude loss problem. Again 3 different V2 dones, the same problem.
This is exactly what was happening to mine before it got worse to the point that all the controls become delayed or sluggish at best. Still cannot fly until someone (come on DJI) can explain if this is a software problem or hardware.

Just wondering if you got anywhere with this? I am still grounded waiting for a replacement gimbal guard before I dare try anything.

After much thought I guessed all these problems might be down to the flight controller so I bought a recycled one and hey presto all problems with the erratic flight have gone. It fly's like new!
The problems started with loss of altitude and no response to up stick or very sluggish response at best. This got worse to the point of hardly any control what so ever. I went through all the checks and re-calibration and every thing read ok. Thought it might be an ESC but took the gamble and bought the FC. Anyone gets the same problems and this is the answer. Good luck.

If you plugged the old controller into the assistant and moved the sticks around could you see any lag or jumping to indicate that the problem was with the RC?

If you plugged the old controller into the assistant and moved the sticks around could you see any lag or jumping to indicate that the problem was with the RC?
This was checked along with every thing else on RC and Vision 2 assistant. Every thing that can be checked was 100% ok. The FC was the problem.

If you got a working camera, i would cut yer loss and get a cheap p2v+ on e-bay and start iver with a diff bird youve been dealing with this broken p.o.c. Too long when you couldve been flying. Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl