Erratic Gimbal

Reaction score
Ok, new question!
I'm flying a P3A, with about 2.5hrs flight time over 20 flights on it. I've been doing a lot of POI flights around my home county, as we have lots of ancient sites that make for some great flypasts. So far, with no problem.
However, last night, I was flying around SIlbury Hill. I programmed a POI flight in, around 100m altitude, with a radius of about 150m, and a circuit time of about 6 mins. That circuit went absolutely smooth, and there was very little breeze.
I then decided to lower the altitude, and increase the radius very slightly, as well as reduce the circuit time to about 3.5 mins. Again, all went well, the drone in visual contact at all times, however, at one point, as the drone was closing the loop and heading towards me (so nothing near the furthest point of the flightpath), the gimbal suddenly behaved erratically for about 10 seconds as I adjusted the yaw slightly. I decided to do a second circuit at the same settings, at the same thing happened at exactly the same point, this tim with no yaw input.
I had calibrated the compass prior to the flight, and the drone remained in p-gps mode at all times.
I know Silbury Hill is supposedly built on an ancient 'ley line', which some people think creates a magnetic anomally, but I have flown around nearby West Kennet Long Barrow on the same 'ley line' with no incident.
Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20