Enable RAW files

Reaction score
How do I activate the raw shooting mode for JPEG stills? I feel like it's obvious but the more I read this forum the more I realize how clueless I am! :(

No, you are not clueless; it is buried in a roadblock of menus. On the DJI Go 4 app FPV view screen, look for the Camera Settings icon on the right side, just beneath the shutter button icon. It looks like 3 lines with circles, sort of like scrub bars. Selected that. A smaller daughter page appears superimposed, with three icons at the top. Select the middle one, looks like a camera. Third line down is for image format. Select that and you can choose RAW, JPEG, or JPEG + RAW. Be aware that the RAW file will be an uncompressed DNG, around 35 MB in size. You can set the C1 or C2 button (the ones on the bottom of the RC) to "Advanced Camera Settings" to bring up this page. That is a handy thing if you change settings often. Screen shots attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,188
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,308
  • IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,813
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,722
Reactions: Xanthe_2871
No, you are not clueless; it is buried in a roadblock of menus. On the DJI Go 4 app FPV view screen, look for the Camera Settings icon on the right side, just beneath the shutter button icon. It looks like 3 lines with circles, sort of like scrub bars. Selected that. A smaller daughter page appears superimposed, with three icons at the top. Select the middle one, looks like a camera. Third line down is for image format. Select that and you can choose RAW, JPEG, or JPEG + RAW. Be aware that the RAW file will be an uncompressed DNG, around 35 MB in size. You can set the C1 or C2 button (the ones on the bottom of the RC) to "Advanced Camera Settings" to bring up this page. That is a handy thing if you change settings often. Screen shots attached.

Thank you so much! I will try this out when the rain stops tonight :D Much appreciated!

Here are the steps all together:

DJI-GO-Photo-Format.png

Reactions: anotherlab
It also helps to know that you have to turn the drone on to be able to select RAW. That took us forever to figure out. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1