Enable Hardware Decode (ipad mini 2 vs iphone 6)

Reaction score
read a few things now on the mini 2 with the subject of Enable hard ware decode, are people saying slide it to the right and turn it on (green) or keep it to the left off. cheers

All so is it correct that the app on my mini 2 is slightly different to the app on my iphone 6, both updated and with the latest pilot app for P3. The camera icon on the iphone 6 says Fn, but on my ipad mini 2 it shows a icon of a camera, and there are a few other settings in different places. o_O

read a few things now on the mini 2 with the subject of Enable hard ware decode, are people saying slide it to the right and turn it on (green) or keep it to the left off. cheers

All so is it correct that the app on my mini 2 is slightly different to the app on my iphone 6, both updated and with the latest pilot app for P3. The camera icon on the iphone 6 says Fn, but on my ipad mini 2 it shows a icon of a camera, and there are a few other settings in different places. o_O

Turn it on so its green. Make sure your iphone6 is up to date.

Some people have reported that on the A8x chipset (iPhone 6, iPad Air 2), you should have it OFF. With the hardware acceleration on, there have been reports of random reboots (of the tablet). The idea behind the hardware acceleration is to allow the graphics processing unit (GPU) to take over some of the load of processing the video. There seems to be a problem with the A8x chipset and this setting for now. These chips are inherently much faster (Apple claims 40%), so the CPU should be able to handle it without the hardware acceleration anyway.

My P3 won't be here until Saturday, so I'm only reporting what I've learned from reading so far. I needed to buy a new iPad anyway, and was torn because of this issue (and price) between getting a used iPad Air or a new Air 2. I went with the Air 2 and plan on starting with the acceleration setting off.

Good flying!
Chris

I've been flying today with the hardware acceleration on with my iPhone 6. Haven't noticed any issues besides the phone getting a bit warm (it's also in a spigen case).

There's been many reports including mine that the ipad mini 2 when used on the Inspire 1, FPV video starts freezing intermittently when it get's warm. Would turning Hardware Decode off take care of this issue?

There's been many reports including mine that the ipad mini 2 when used on the Inspire 1, FPV video starts freezing intermittently when it get's warm. Would turning Hardware Decode off take care of this issue?
It helps with the Mini 2, but it does not fully take care of the heat related lagging. You'll still want to take care to not be in direct sun on a hot day. That's my experience anyway, and lots of others have said the same. Some have said they have no heat issues at all with a Mini 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic