Editing

Reaction score
When editing a video, the clips… well… they kinda stutter. When playing the various videos regularly in whichever video application windows use, everything is fine. Once it gets into editing, that same clip barely functions. I have a hybrid drive. The clips are on the mechanical portion. When the scratch disc was the system drive (SSD), they barely moved. When I changed the scratch disc to the mechanical part, things improved. But it’s still very choppy. Editing is practically impossible.

P4P+

Premiere CC

Windows 10

Hybrid drive – 512 SSD / 2TB regular

16 GB RAM – 10 allocated to Premiere

No other application running

Restarted the computer

Clips copied onto the mechanical drive

Exporting the final product (after a long frustrating editing session) was actually pretty quick. any suggestions how to make things flow smoother?

When editing a video, the clips… well… they kinda stutter. When playing the various videos regularly in whichever video application windows use, everything is fine. Once it gets into editing, that same clip barely functions. I have a hybrid drive. The clips are on the mechanical portion. When the scratch disc was the system drive (SSD), they barely moved. When I changed the scratch disc to the mechanical part, things improved. But it’s still very choppy. Editing is practically impossible.

P4P+

Premiere CC

Windows 10

Hybrid drive – 512 SSD / 2TB regular

16 GB RAM – 10 allocated to Premiere

No other application running

Restarted the computer

Clips copied onto the mechanical drive

Exporting the final product (after a long frustrating editing session) was actually pretty quick. any suggestions how to make things flow smoother?
I don't use Premiere CC, however, most of these editing systems have the same features. Search for preview quality. You may find choices such as draft, good, or best. That may help a bit until you can invest in more RAM and/or video card. I recommend 32G if you can get it. The video cards today are almost like a whole "nother" PC with their own memory and processing power. Look for something designed for gamers. Lastly, if you're shooting 4K, do you really have to? 4K will choke even the highest performing PC.

I don't use Premiere CC, however, most of these editing systems have the same features. Search for preview quality. You may find choices such as draft, good, or best. That may help a bit until you can invest in more RAM and/or video card. I recommend 32G if you can get it. The video cards today are almost like a whole "nother" PC with their own memory and processing power. Look for something designed for gamers. Lastly, if you're shooting 4K, do you really have to? 4K will choke even the highest performing PC.

I do shoot in 4K. Good advice. I’ll lower the settings.

I JUST bought a Lenovo Ideapad 320 AMD A12 Windows 10, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM ($229) Well it was $319, but Best Buy messed up my online order and knocked $50 off.
I called Pinnacle and they offered me Studio 21 Ultimate for $71.99, declined after he got pushy on the phone,
entered the "chat" session online at Pinnacle......offered it again at $89.99.....told him the guy on the phone gave me a lower price......he then responded with "click this link"......I was shocked to see $29.99, I asked if this is for the Ultimate??? yep! After some tinkering and changing a few settings I finally got it to work perfectly!
Couldn't believe the short test video I made to see if it would be smooth being I rendered in 4K. Nothing to brag about the footage, but the video is amazing quality.

I had the same issue (at first) after contacting Pinnacle, one thing they said was it may be due to too many "temp" files. He had me push (Windows key+R together) Will bring up the run menu. Type %temp% will bring up ALL temp files. Select ALL of them and delete them. (Some will not delete, click skip) Restart your software. Mine took a minute but then playback was smoooooth!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164