Playback lag during editing in Premiere

Reaction score
I don't know if its the latest update, but I'm getting serious lag when trying to playback the timeline in Premiere Pro. Using the 4k dji video files straight off the card. I have a moderately high end Core i7 6700k, 32GB ram, GTX 970. Premiere quickly uses over 20GB of RAM and I get a windows running out of memory error.

I was going to increase my RAM to 64GB. Any suggestions for lag when editing dji files? I was also going to try putting all the video files on the 850 Pro SSD just while editing. Should I convert the files prior to editing using Adobe Media Converter - If so, what file format/codec would work well?

4K stream really need a monster PC, that's why i love my P3A and 1080p :)

keep us update on your search for success.

Try changing your playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4. (It's above the volume indicator on the right side of the screen) That should make it less laggy. More ram and putting the files on the SSD wouldn't hurt either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Santiego
Try changing your playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4. (It's above the volume indicator on the right side of the screen) That should make it less laggy. More ram and putting the files on the SSD wouldn't hurt either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1
When I take 4K, I need to convert it to 4K h264 first and then it runs smooth, then I edit after with no problems. Try playing it with your media player first and see if it does the same thing. Then after converting, if it still chops up, changing the preview screen resolution in Adobe might totally fix the problem.

Reactions: Santiego

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20