ECS error on new Mavic

Reaction score
I recently got a Mavic Pro and out of the box I was having an ECS error message appear, after restarting multiple times it did eventually Go and I could fly it. The following day, same problem (again it disappears after about the 4-5 restart, and have not had a problem flying it) I've noticed that when turning on, one of the rotors does not turn or engage when the other 3 do and today I discovered if I start the drone without the propeller attached it starts up fine, I can attach the propeller once the drone had started and I don't get the error. My question is, will this still be safe to fly? That propeller isn't just going to stop suddenly one day and my drone is just going to fall out of the sky will it? Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Can I assume that you tried swapping the propeller with the one on the opposite motor of the same color? The issue remains with the same motor and doesn't follow the propeller, correct? It seems incredibly improbable but that would rule out a prop that is wildly out of balance.

If this is a brand new MP, I would return it right away and get a replacement. The ESC circuits control your motors. An error (and the symptoms you are seeing) indicate a problem with either the ESC board or with the motor. Either way, I would not fly it and I would return it. No one can say what can and will happen, but yes there is a chance that the motor could stop mid-flight and bring it tumbling down.

If you have a Mavic you might consider joining our other forum
mp_150.png
You just have to do like you did here to join .Link at bottom of page .
Just a thought, welcome to the forum .
0ROJYyg.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj