Dynamic Home

Reaction score
I've been reading on other threads about the Vision app that allows you to set up a dynamic home point feature. Basically, your iPhone sends updated GPS coordinates to your Phantom every few seconds to be used as the new home position in the event of failure. Useful if you are going for a walk with your Phantom and don't want it to return to the original take off point.

I'm guessing that this isn't available for an ordinary Phantom 2 though, as I understand that it's not advisable to enable Bluetooth on your iPhone as it uses the same frequency as the Phantom 2 tx, unlike the Vision, which is geared up to communicate with an iPhone via Bluetooth.

If it's not available for the Phantom 2, does anyone know of a way to do something similar?

Putting the bluetooth on on your iPhone shouldn't affect the aircraft, as it'll be far enough away the signal isn't picked up. Not that actually turning wifi or bluetooth on on your phone will help, the standard P2 is missing the hardware on the aircraft side to use the app.

The issue is with wifi from a GoPro, ie in close proximity to the P2 antennas, and so that can cause signal interference. If you use DJI Groundstation, that may allow the dynamic home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic