Dynamic home point

Reaction score
Today I did my first flight after the firmware upgrade and despite I had 80% battery left as soon as I crossed the 5500 feet mark a message came on the app saying dynamic home point won't work since their isn't enough battery to come back any advice on how to tackle this cause i do go out to the 15000 feet or plus mark and dynamic home point is an essential tool..!

Re: Dynamic home point

nexus said:
I wish they would of applied this upgrade feature about 2 weeks ago, it would of let me save my vision+ from for some technical issue that caused it NOT to come back home during a flight near downtown Miami - Southbeach ...... :(

**** man I lost one to so sorry for u r loss

nexus said:
Pilot Error. I live in Miami, I was flying by downtown and the port of Miami. I went to deep into the downtown and I think all the radio waves had to be the cause. Plus there was a bunch of cranes and radio towers near so it could of just crashed into one on its way home, when I used the find my drone feature it was telling me it landed 2 miles away at Key Bysicane, the last place I took flight 3 hours before with the cop training, but since I did the GPS config and got the green fast flashing lights I assumed it marked its return home position.

Its a hobby, and if you start this fun sport, you have to from the start understand you will lose the drone one day.

FLY SAFE, PRE FLIGHT CHECK

Majority of flyaways are caused by loss of gps signal as well in my case I was doing a routine flight not a new area or anything all of a sudden the quad lost fpv so I initiated Rth since fpv was going in and out I could see that it was trying to turn but wasn't being able to I waited but nothing happened then when I tried home lock etc they didn't work since I panicked I assumed its direction
And tried to bring it without doc but it went further in last telemetry data I got was 8500 feet thu all this happened at 6500 feet so it went further and then it ended up in a lake gone I have noticed that during flight if u go to find my phantom it updates since a lot of people have complained that it never shows so this could be checked during initiation of flight

nexus said:
saao said:
nexus said:
Pilot Error. I live in Miami, I was flying by downtown and the port of Miami. I went to deep into the downtown and I think all the radio waves had to be the cause. Plus there was a bunch of cranes and radio towers near so it could of just crashed into one on its way home, when I used the find my drone feature it was telling me it landed 2 miles away at Key Bysicane, the last place I took flight 3 hours before with the cop training, but since I did the GPS config and got the green fast flashing lights I assumed it marked its return home position.

Its a hobby, and if you start this fun sport, you have to from the start understand you will lose the drone one day.

FLY SAFE, PRE FLIGHT CHECK

Majority of flyaways are caused by loss of gps signal as well in my case I was doing a routine flight not a new area or anything all of a sudden the quad lost fpv so I initiated Rth since fpv was going in and out I could see that it was trying to turn but wasn't being able to I waited but nothing happened then when I tried home lock etc they didn't work since I panicked I assumed its direction
And tried to bring it without doc but it went further in last telemetry data I got was 8500 feet thu all this happened at 6500 feet so it went further and then it ended up in a lake gone I have noticed that during flight if u go to find my phantom it updates since a lot of people have complained that it never shows so this could be checked during initiation of flight

Same here, when I got my DJI from them, that day the vision app had issues, you could not log on. Once that was fixed, I took to the skies, but noticed the Satellites indicator, Drone Battery Lever and all telemetry feedback was all grey and not stats, couldn't use ground station, Speed, direction, height, distance was all DEAD. No tilt control for the camera. But GPS Lock worked fine even thou it didn't tell me how many sat's where tracking. I landed safety and took it to a shop, the Main Board was cracked or dented from Factory. I did crash once into a tree and it dropped on its head (GPS) area. but gps worked, just non of the other features wifi related.

Back to the shop and it was the 4 pin camera cable bus. I just think that one of the WIFI gold connectors was damaged causing it to no config right and it had its old homepoint from the other flight. If they would of had that dynamic home-point override, it could of been a recovery .

Soo mad, and then SouthPark just played an episode about drones to add insult to injury.. lol

Be Well Buddy hope you buy a newer one and enjoy it

I did buy one the same week and have modified it to the extent lol I guess it's a hobby. Hope u buy urs their is a newer one coming out soon I even posted a topic on it

Kavakauboi said:
I found a phantom in Miami. What is your serial number?
That would be pretty cool if it is his. Keep us posted!

Now THAT would be one for the distance record books!

saao said:
Kavakauboi said:
Bro I live in Karachi Pakistan their is no way it could have been found in Miami lol thanks

It's yours..just got stuck on an Obama drone coming back from a mission .... :D

hionbusa said:
saao said:
Kavakauboi said:
Bro I live in Karachi Pakistan their is no way it could have been found in Miami lol thanks

It's yours..just got stuck on an Obama drone coming back from a mission .... :D

Hahahaahahahah good one

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl