DYI DJI Drone

Good information. I will buy one kit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you for posting. I'm looking forward to the video downlink information. With a USB dongle that supports promiscuous mode they may implement the wifibroadcast protocol- 2+km range (performance akin to what DJI named lightbridge).

Thank you for posting. I'm looking forward to the video downlink information. With a USB dongle that supports promiscuous mode they may implement the wifibroadcast protocol- 2+km range (performance akin to what DJI named lightbridge).

Any link to the info?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep thats the way transmission should be used for FPV.
I thought you would like that.... question is why aren't other drone manufacturers taking advantage of it? I have been following the wifibroadcast scene for a while, one of the major contributors dissapeared from the discussions early sighting contractual obligations as the reason. Im not suggesting he went to DJi however it would seem it wasn't yuneek or another DJI competitor.

I thought you would like that.... question is why aren't other drone manufacturers taking advantage of it? I have been following the wifibroadcast scene for a while, one of the major contributors dissapeared from the discussions early sighting contractual obligations as the reason. Im not suggesting he went to DJi however it would seem it wasn't yuneek or another DJI competitor.

Even DJI had hinted that light bridge is a one way communication technology and I was too surprised why other drone manufacturers are not using similar concept. The basic concept is that you don't reject the packets if they don't match the check sum.

I see the problems as many wanted available devices to use their wifi sensing capabilities to connect to the drone and were not looking into networking concepts.

Ofcourse I liked the article as it talked about the right way to use wifi for FPV purposes where each bit of information is not that important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair