Dyeing Props

Be aware that if you use the "iDye" range, then "True Red" will come out orange, and "Fire red" will come out quite pink. I had to mix the two before I got a good red..
The iDye black on its own seems to go a deep brown bronze and just keep getting more brown, but even overnight never ended up black, but I mixed in an "iDye Poly" black with colour enhancer and got a good solid black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dchay
For those who have been successful with any of the red shades of dye, any tips on color combination/amount? I have tried the RIT Scarlet Red and RIT Cherry Red, both came out very pink in the end. I combined the two dyes, and tried again.....same result, pink props. Just can't seem to find the right combination to get a true red color. I'm not too concerned if it is bright red or dark red, just not pink!

For those who have been successful with any of the red shades of dye, any tips on color combination/amount? I have tried the RIT Scarlet Red and RIT Cherry Red, both came out very pink in the end. I combined the two dyes, and tried again.....same result, pink props. Just can't seem to find the right combination to get a true red color. I'm not too concerned if it is bright red or dark red, just not pink!

Here's a color chart should help. just make sure how water you are going to use to cover the parts. I used the powder but next time I will use the liquid dye.

http://colorconnection.yuku.com/topic/1206#.VrvPDfkrKCg

When there done in the dye , are you guys rinsing them off with cold water or just letting them air dry ??

When there done in the dye , are you guys rinsing them off with cold water or just letting them air dry ??

Yes rinse them off and dry them. The longer you leave them in the dye the darker they will become.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Rit dye. Hot glue method yellow and black. Not for everybody, but I like it.

Reactions: Jason Porembski

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31