Dust inside the lens

OOO

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I’ve been flying my P4P+ for about a year now and 2 weeks ago I noticed a dust particle inside the lens. I did not notice any artifact on my still or video shots. How can I clean the lens and remove the particle? Unfortunately, I was not able take photo of the particle because of reflections on the lens. I’ll try one more time during daytime hours.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Have you unscrewed the lens cover and cleaned the camera lens?

Yes, I did it several times with lens pen, microfiber lens cleaning clots, and Zeiss lens wipes. I can clearly see that it is inside the lens. How can the dust particles get into the system?

007: Once, several years ago, I had a speck of dust get into a professional camera body. (Okay, you often have to take lenses off and on, plus I’ve usually worked in hot and dusty locations, but I’m incredibly careful.) I got it serviced, rather than attempt something myself that’s best left to a professional. It’s easy to accidentally introduce a new problem when trying to fix the initial one when inexperienced.

Reactions: OOO
007: Once, several years ago, I had a speck of dust get into a professional camera body. (Okay, you often have to take lenses off and on, plus I’ve usually worked in hot and dusty locations, but I’m incredibly careful.) I got it serviced, rather than attempt something myself that’s best left to a professional. It’s easy to accidentally introduce a new problem when trying to fix the initial one when inexperienced.

Thank you AW. I totally agree. But we don’t have a DJI repair service here.

007: My apologies, I should have added “Take it to any professional camera servicing business used to Nikon and Canon equipment and they’ll do it easily.” Why? It’s a camera (albeit small sized and relatively simple).

Reactions: OOO
007: My apologies, I should have added “Take it to any professional camera servicing business used to Nikon and Canon equipment and they’ll do it easily.” Why? It’s a camera (albeit small sized and relatively simple).

Wow! This is very good news for me. Thank you! Is Becky OK? Please pass on my best wishes to her.

Last edited:
007: Yes, thank you, she’s fine and working physically hard out here as well as mentally. The top female surgeon did a beautiful, neat job, with the scar almost imperceptible around the nipple/areola. And they expressed surprise at how quickly she was healing after just 12 days. Obviously, there’s appropriately 20% chance of reoccurrence and these tumours do grow at one hell of a speed.

I’m looking forward to a “best of” compilation, perhaps in January 2019?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav