Dunked the bird!

I got stress cracks on my bird right under a year right before the warranty expired sent it and it took three days to get there then they checked it and fixed it and shipped it in the same day got me the bird back working great DJI service was on point

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
Do you have any photos of the stress cracks?

Sent from my P01Z using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very minor cracking IMHO. Get it back from DJI and slap these on:
Strong Arm Reinforcement Plates

I agree Gary that they are minor crack, for now. I guess I am being over cautious, being new to drones and the reinforcement plates are a great fix, should DJI refuse to repair their faulty goods!

What are the chances, if I ask for it back, that it will suddenly develop "faults" with the parts that they are saying need replacing, even though I know that the bird worked perfectly, before it was sent in to them?

Just replace the shell yourself. Take a bit of time the first time you do it but not that difficult. The shell will cost you around $70 usd.

Just replace the shell yourself. Take a bit of time the first time you do it but not that difficult. The shell will cost you around $70 usd.

I won't be paying anything, for very well known and documented manufacturing issue, when the drone is only 3 months old. If they refuse to budge then I will get it returned and buy some aftermarket reinforcement plates-but I won't pay DJI a penny more.

The quote for £800+ has left a bitter taste I'm afraid. To think that they are trying to get me to pay that sort of money, for an issue that the drone wasn't even returned for, doesn't sit well and speaks volumes about their business practices, IMHO.

Well, it's been a few weeks since I had chance to come on here much, but I thought I would update this thread, rather than start yet another one.

To save anyone having to read back through the whole saga, a brief summary:

• Bought P3P in Oct 2016
  • Had an "accident" with it in Nov 2016 - whereby it ended up in a stream
  • Recovered the bird and dried everything out
  • everything worked perfectly afterwards
  • several weeks ago noticed stress cracks on motor arms - returned to DJI for replacement under warranty.
  • DJI refused point-blank to honour any warranty and quoted £800 for replacement - despite bird working perfectly - as they were claiming water damage.
  • Spent 2 weeks arguing my case - DJI refusing to budge - me refusing to pay.
  • DJI finally agreed to replace the damaged shell and return to me at no cost.

I went away on holiday for three weeks on the 8th Feb. On the morning of the 8th, the bird arrived back at my home address, about an hour before I was leaving for the airport! I had intended to take it away with me to Malaysia/Thailand/Laos, but didn't want to risk it, having not checked/flown it since its return.

Finally, today, I have taken it back out of the box and checked it over and it would appear that the whole lot has been replaced! None of the serial numbers match the ones I sent back to DJI (photographed them before sending away) and differ from those on the original box. So, it would seem that, despite them digging their heels in for a couple of weeks, they actually replaced the whole drone, rather than just the shell.

I have fired it up and linked the remote, all the firmware has been updated and so far everything looks to be working properly. Just looking for a break in the terrible English weather now to try it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik