Dumb question

S

sandman259

So I just had a thought. If your using a iPad without internet for the Dji go app and your out in the field about ready to fly and it says firmware update required.....how is this possible with no internet connection for the bird or tablet to communicate with? Meaning how does the bird or app know that it needs a update without a Internet connection for them to communicate and tell them it's out of date? I was just thinking about this the other day that it's happened when I'm out flying without Internet before. I always just connect my phone and update, that's not a problem, just wondering how it knows in the first place...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It could only know if the DJI GO app connected to the Internet at some point.

As for updating out in the field, it's probably best to wait until you're back at home to update. It's good practice to do the various calibrations after installing new firmware -- one of them being the IMU calibration. That's a tough one to do outdoors.

It's not a dumb question.

Whenever you launch DJI Go App, it connects to DJI server if Internet is available to get and set many information. One of the info is the latest RC and AC FW information. It saves the info. Whenever it get access to RC and Or AC, it compares the latest version with the currently installed versions and flags the upgrade message if needed.

That's why it's possible to generate those messages at site even if there is no internet available if you switched on Go App earlier with Internet access.

You will not be able to update at site if Internet is not available.

It's not a dumb question.

Whenever you launch DJI Go App, it connects to DJI server if Internet is available to get and set many information. One of the info is the latest RC and AC FW information. It saves the info. Whenever it get access to RC and Or AC, it compares the latest version with the currently installed versions and flags the upgrade message if needed.

That's why it's possible to generate those messages at site even if there is no internet available if you switched on Go App earlier with Internet access.

You will not be able to update at site if Internet is not available.
Unless it is a cellular device to begin with, the update will go thru. Forgot to mention, I do use a windows tab for my downloads then update onsite.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav