DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

I clicked on the facebook link on your site to easily find it and got the dreaded "Page Not Found"...
The 40x zoom lens is a great idea and really I would love to see the double fisheye lens with an analog wormhole add on :)

Reactions: DSLRPros
Keep up the good work, maybe offer stickers to put registration # on our birds, also cheaper batteries
Thanks
Frank

I have purchased several products from DSLR pros. A 3 axis gimbal didn't work out so great for me and support made me upset. The DSLR pelican case is great, thanks.

I hope you are welcomed back into the community and have better success with new management. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and start fresh.

First thing is to make meaningful kits as well as sell individual accessories.

People who buy a new phantom need a starter pack. They will shop for best deal on
1. Props
2. Gimbal guard
3. Gimbal yaw arm saver
4. Camera cap and ND filters
5. Batteries
6. iPad or tablet
7. Long range antenna mods for TX and Birdside
8. Gps tracking in case of fly away
9. Parachute ? Haha
10. Battery mods
11. Back pack
12. Hard case
13. Tools and spare bolts wires in a kit
14. Custom shells
15. Custom skins
16. Better landing gear
17. Competitive prices and overall great one stop shop website do I don't need 8 tabs of open web pages to find the best deal on motors props wires hardware mods Etc searching google eBay fpvlr DBS hobby lobby Etc

I feel like all this tech requires me to use every bit of my education in science to read about and investigate options. Why not have the info on why your product is better on your site with the reading material right there so I don't have to YouTube why red SMA cables versus blue versus clear are better and why right handed versus left handed polarization matters... Or why I shouldn't buy a plastic ND filter and get a polarized glass one instead? Explain it and give us s good deal with free shipping and you will have all my business. Hands down.

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Hello Phantom Pilots Forum Members,

My name is Anthony and I am part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a brand new company and we’ve been going through some major changes. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, posted a blog post over on our site to give more details about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. We really want to help spread the word about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. Please do give his blog post a read and share your thoughts.

With this post, I want to do 3 things:
  • Introduce ourselves to the Phantom Pilots community.
  • Get your feedback on what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros and do a free giveaway.
  • Set up a future thread where you can speak to us directly.
Some of you may have had previous experiences with the old DSLR Pros, but I do want to express that we are a brand new company. Our plan is to take the aspects which made DSLR Pros great, such as custom kits and modified equipment, and combine it with a solid business background. Our CEO has a history of starting his own companies and making them fantastic. Here's a great interview with him on one of his past companies.

More so than anything else, we’d love to be a member of this community. We’d like to be active and help grow alongside everyone here. We would like to do a giveaway to start things off. One lucky winner will receive from us:

View attachment 41292
1x Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub, 2x Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1x 3-Pack of Polar Pro Filters, and 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers (2x CW & 2x CCW)!

All you have to do to enter is reply to this post with a suggestion or comment on how we can improve. Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see?

Lastly, we’d like to interact with you all personally. We’re going to schedule another thread in the future, in which our CEO, myself, and others will join in and reply to any comments or questions you might have. Please come visit our future thread next Monday January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST.

Sincerely,

Anthony
A one stop shop would be a addition to the industry plus free shipping is a great incentive for me.

My name is Anthony and I am part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a brand new company and we’ve been going through some major changes. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, posted a blog post over on our site to give more details about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. We really want to help spread the word about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. Please do give his blog post a read and share your thoughts.

• Get your feedback on what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros and do a free giveaway.
Some of you may have had previous experiences with the old DSLR Pros, but I do want to express that we are a brand new company. Our plan is to take the aspects which made DSLR Pros great, such as custom kits and modified equipment, and combine it with a solid business background. Our CEO has a history of starting his own companies and making them fantastic. Here's a great interview with him on one of his past companies.

More so than anything else, we’d love to be a member of this community. We’d like to be active and help grow alongside everyone here. We would like to do a giveaway to start things off. One lucky winner will receive from us:

View attachment 41292
1x Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub, 2x Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1x 3-Pack of Polar Pro Filters, and 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers (2x CW & 2x CCW)!

All you have to do to enter is reply to this post with a suggestion or comment on how we can improve. Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see?

Lastly, we’d like to interact with you all personally. We’re going to schedule another thread in the future, in which our CEO, myself, and others will join in and reply to any comments or questions you might have. Please come visit our future thread next Monday January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST.

Sincerely,

Anthony

Have you considered posting a link for people in this forum to sign up for regular email notices describing new products, sales, etc. Maybe provide a discount coupon for the first purchase by new subscribers to the emails.

View attachment 41292

Sincerely,

Anthony
To improve, create an area for newbies only. Simple advice and starter kit stuff/advice.

Your site doesn't seem to offer much for the older Phantoms. Plenty of newest accessories for the newest models, but tons of us have FC40, P1, etc.
Very often it would take very little R&D on your part to fit an item to an older drone, or a cheap adapter could be offered. Or perhaps it does fit, you just don't know it or don't care.
I don't have the money for the Phantom3 advanced and a bucket of the newest add-ons. But I would be happy to do business with a vendor who supports older models.
-Bill-

I've been in wholesale since the late 90's. I became a sales trainer and the one, and the most important thing is, repeat sales. I'd rather make $10.00 off of 10 people than $100.00 from one. Sell it cheap and sell a heap. (No saying that it's a cheap product). Repeat repeat repeat. Build the value and sell it. Neff said! !!!!!!!

One of the reasons I didn't buy from DSLR Pros was cost. You were targeting the professional market so that made sense, but it also cut your company off from the rest of the people out here who could have, in the least, used your expertise.

Best of luck.
Monte Olsen

Monn.

View attachment 41292

Sincerely,

Anthony

Applications that would communicate/transmit from my DSLR over to my Phantom, and vice versa.

A better quality camera then is on the P3 currently. Camera upgrade. A camera with much lower noise at ISO 800 & above. Better optics in the lens. Zooming is nice but not essential. Having higher quality images even with raw (DNG) is a must.

Like most have said, zoom for camera or even possibility of a higher mm fixed focal length lens that can be interchanged.

Not to be negative, but my past experiences with DSLRPROS has been very poor. I purchased your premium kit for approx. $2700, and was quickly very disappointed. It did not work correctly as advertised, and all my follow-up efforts with DSLRPROS to correct the problem resulted in even more frustration. I was even told that turning on the diversity receiver with the antenna not attached ruined the receiver, I should have been more careful.....????
If you are truly a new and improved company, suggest you make amends with all the very disappointed customers from the previous managers. I wish you success.

Bundled packs are always a good idea. Especially if you show the savings. Warranties are my biggest selling point of any item.

I think that is precisely what DSLR Pros is attempting to do with this post and giveaway. Cheers

Not to be negative, but my past experiences with DSLRPROS has been very poor. I purchased your premium kit for approx. $2700, and was quickly very disappointed. It did not work correctly as advertised, and all my follow-up efforts with DSLRPROS to correct the problem resulted in even more frustration. I was even told that turning on the diversity receiver with the antenna not attached ruined the receiver, I should have been more careful.....????
If you are truly a new and improved company, suggest you make amends with all the very disappointed customers from the previous managers. I wish you success.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I already replied to this once, but have had several ideas since:
  • do-it-yourself waterproofing kit (if that is possible)
  • landing gear riser/gimbal guard combo
  • retractable landing gear kit with 360 degree gimbal yaw
  • quick-release landing gear (for travel)
  • quick-release gimbal mount
  • fisheye/wide angle lens (screw/clip on)
  • macro lens (screw/clip on)
  • light kits
  • offer 3D printing services for customer's designs
  • affordable trackers
  • range extenders/upgraded antennae
  • combo kits for newbs (SD card, props, spare gimbal cables & screws, case/backpack, extra battery, etc.)
  • extended capacity batteries
  • faster chargers
  • crash kits (shell, landing gear, props, screws, etc)
  • backpacks and hard cases (AFFORDABLE)
  • water landing gear (like small helicopters and seaplanes sometimes have)
  • carbon props
  • pre-dyed/custom colored/logo imprinted props
  • FAA registration badges (and Section 333 Exemption badges)
  • phone number and address badges (weather-resistant)
Thanks for asking your customers for feedback!

Put together good accessory bundles with quality products (i.e., not cheap, "throw away" items that just inflate the marketability of a bundle but aren't really useable because they are so "cheap).

Fast, free shipping.

Responsive customer service. Take care of your customers and they will take care of you.

That's what I look for when shopping around.

A parachute system :)

But to mirror what a lot of these guys have said, customer service is paramount. I used work with supplier quality issues with our suppliers, and I gotta say that most of them horribly fall short. There's nothing worse than to be already frustrated over your product having issues (or broke), than to get the run-around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31