Droning in Melbourne

Anyone know anything around the SE area's (live in chadstone)

Waiting on delivery of my P3P its my first drone so looking for some open space to practice.

Reactions: Loz
Didn't think we had than national parks bs in Australia, I know the US has it, anyone got maps that show restricted areas?

check the parks.vic websites most say no drones.. but its mixed results some have called to confirm and said its OK or some says not OK.. just depends who you get or if they are having a bad day?? lol

Reactions: KayJay
Seems pretty quiet here in the Melbourne group. Anyone in the south east side?

Only just spotted this thread. I'm located in the Eastern Suburbs. Have flown at a number of local parks at quiet times. Have also flown at the coast near Pt Lonsdale, Queenscliff, Ocean Grove & Barwon Heads. Interesting what has been said about parks. Need to investigate further.

A quick check of the parkweb.vic.gov.au website under Licenses and Permits / Filming/Photography indicates a permit is required for all drone/UAV/RPA usage even drones under 2Kg. If a permit is to be obtained you will require evidence the operator is CASA certified!! It would appear Parks Vic may not be keeping up with CASA. Hopefully common sense may prevail when dealing with local Parks management. I suggest a phone call to discuss, with plenty of lead time, with local park management and see how you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.