Droning in Melbourne

Reaction score
I know there are a few members from down under and especially Melbourne,

Where do you guys fly ?

Keen for western suburb spots as I live down that way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ha ha, no one from Melbourne ?

Im in point cook and use my local football ovals and coastal park when the wind isnt blowing.

Iam in Wyndham Vale

Im in point cook and use my local football ovals and coastal park when the wind isnt blowing.

What wind speeds are ok ?

Just got one hurry won't last at this price

Attachments

• 1452146961412.jpg
    1452146961412.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 753
Yeah, I was thinking today. Wish there was some good listing of places to fly in the area.

I'm in North East, and it's hilly. So flights are limited for VLOS and such. I've been meaning to take up and explore more of the Kinglake are, there are Mason Falls up there. There are some open places in the North, Whittlesea area I've driven past and thought will have to come back when it's not 36C

But I think some of the Great Ocean road places will be good, but that's an investment in time and a dedicated day trip.

But personally I'm looking to make a map for myself, via local driving and Google Maps. But I'm only in my 20's of flight, so still only taken it to around 1.3KM distance from home point.

Reactions: deuter
I fly around Werribee south boat ramp from time to time, looking at doing the great ocean road and around the Grampians soon hopefully.

I fly around Werribee south boat ramp from time to time, looking at doing the great ocean road and around the Grampians soon hopefully.
That's interesting, I discovered the boat ramp 2 weeks back. Went there for a early weekend flight.
Beautiful place.

Reactions: azagil
There is Point Cook airport near buy. This is not a concern?

There is Point Cook airport near buy. This is not a concern?

Not really, where I go is outside the 5.5km boundary so pretty safe. I fly at the boat ramp and never fly to far or night when there.

Hey guys I'm in Melbourne and fly in the south-eastern and mainly out over Port Phillip Bay over water. Went to launch today and had two council rangers surrounding me at back of my Ute treating to fine me, they said they owned 30 to 119 metre's above and that I could not fly, I was within 5 metres of the edge of Bay, whats your apinions on who owns what airspace

Hey guys I'm in Melbourne and fly in the south-eastern and mainly out over Port Phillip Bay over water. Went to launch today and had two council rangers surrounding me at back of my Ute treating to fine me, they said they owned 30 to 119 metre's above and that I could not fly, I was within 5 metres of the edge of Bay, whats your apinions on who owns what airspace
Hi, Where exactly was it? What exact organisation these guys represent? You should've get they names and exact position/organisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik