Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dronin in Vegas....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rtg, Dec 26, 2014.

1. rtg

rtg

Was walking down the strip today and a person with, what looked like, a Phantom Vision was in barking on some aerial photography.

Rob

Attached Files:

2. TimmyG94

Barking like a dog? :cry:

3. rtg

rtg

Well, better than in buzzing..... :cool:

Rob

4. sdtrojan

Vegas looks great for flying, but I noticed most/all of the south end of LV Blvd is a no-fly zone. Curious where you saw him at. Between McCarran Intl and Nellis AFB, a lot of Vegas is technically off limits. That said, I would be doing a lot of Vegas flying at night...lights will be really cool, plus as we all know, the freaks come out at night!

5. Forts

Actually a recent trip to Vegas is what prompted me to look into (and end up buying) a Phantom 2. I was there in late July with some buddies and we were out walking the strip when all of a sudden I could hear this buzzing sound. As we looked up a Phantom went whizzing by, right down the middle of the strip, maybe a couple hundred feet up. Not sure if someone was in control or if it was on a Ground Station mission but it would have been recording some excellent video. At that moment I made a mental note to look more into quadcopters when I got back home, and the rest is history.