Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

dastagg said:
Thanks for clarification and I did some editing to my posts to be sure to negate any adverse impact to the company, as Again, I am well satisfied with gimbal and their company. Sure don't want to relay any bad rap on them for something they cannot control. Hope I didn't leave impression of any negative impact. They have been most cooperative in their services.

Completely agree with you Dastagg and Thanks Godzilla for your helpful explanation. Now I confirm the shutter speed relation to the vibrations. When I perform a test recording at 1080p/30fps inside my living room, I note there is no jello, but when I record outside (I live in the caribbean) the jello is present at same frame rate. That explains why at brighter situations the effect is more perceptible. Shooter speed raises to compensate light and there is the JELLO.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
dastagg said:
Not real happy at this moment. I received a bill from FedEx a little bit ago for $18.28 for Duties, taxes and other fees. I ordered with shipping included and now got this bill. Will ask DronExpert about this but wondering if others got same? It's not a lot, but still, my order was shipping included, so thought this should have been included. Will await to see what they say, but kinda chas my rear that this bill came without any warning or expectation.

Hi Dastagg, I'm not sure but could it be an import tax?
I'm in Ireland and looking at maybe buying the rotorpixel gimbal because I'm not liking the jello on all the videos I've seen so far from the dronexpert gimbal.
Anyways... If I do buy the rotorpixel from Canada I'm expecting to pay their advertised price + shipping and then normally when you buy something from outside Europe I'll be expecting a bill from the shipping company for the import tax which im sure will be a lot more than what you paid. The shipping company wont give me my goods until I pay the duties.

Hello Mal. The Jello Problem is not directly issued to the gimbal itself. If you follow the replays, you will note that is a setting thing in the camera. I have got very steady videos recording with the Dronexpert Gimbal. Just watch: http://vimeo.com/87370645.
And The guys at Dronexpert have gave me a great support

ValHeliRC said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
dastagg said:
Not real happy at this moment. I received a bill from FedEx a little bit ago for $18.28 for Duties, taxes and other fees. I ordered with shipping included and now got this bill. Will ask DronExpert about this but wondering if others got same? It's not a lot, but still, my order was shipping included, so thought this should have been included. Will await to see what they say, but kinda chas my rear that this bill came without any warning or expectation.

Hi Dastagg, I'm not sure but could it be an import tax?
I'm in Ireland and looking at maybe buying the rotorpixel gimbal because I'm not liking the jello on all the videos I've seen so far from the dronexpert gimbal.
Anyways... If I do buy the rotorpixel from Canada I'm expecting to pay their advertised price + shipping and then normally when you buy something from outside Europe I'll be expecting a bill from the shipping company for the import tax which im sure will be a lot more than what you paid. The shipping company wont give me my goods until I pay the duties.

Hello Mal. The Jello Problem is not directly issued to the gimbal itself. If you follow the replays, you will note that is a setting thing in the camera. I have got very steady videos recording with the Dronexpert Gimbal. Just watch: http://vimeo.com/87370645.
And The guys at Dronexpert have gave me a great support

do you not see jello in your video? that video has more jello than my stock vision with no gimbal..come on now.

do you not see jello in your video? that video has more jello than my stock vision with no gimbal..come on now.[/quote]

Tizz. Maybe you are confusing jello with the bumps produced by the 30fps conversions Vimeo and Youtube performed to upload.
The raw video has no jello at 60fps.

do you not see jello in your video? that video has more jello than my stock vision with no gimbal..come on now.[/quote]

Also the flicker can be confused with jello. the flicker is visible at straight lines as the Tennis net, court lines and trees.
But thanks. I should have applied a flicker filter

QuadZilla said:
Klaus said:
I still don't understand why people in here seems to bee so hooked on filters for the PV2.

The advantage of an ND filter for the PV2 is this:

1. Someone buys a poorly designed gimbal for their Vision
2. This gimbal mounts at the ends of the legs
3. Because it's mounted at the ends of the legs any vibrations from the motors and/or props are accentuated
4. Many people have jello aka rolling shutter issues
5. Adding an ND filter slows the shutter speed and virtually eliminates the rolling shutter
6. A side benefit is that there may be fewer blown highlights

+1

Great video . . . I'm made that my DroneExpert Gimbal will not hold up my DJI filter! But, I"ve already been through that rant!
Guys, it scares me that you might be out there making "videos" and not understand shutter, 30FPS/60 fps stuff. Please educate yourself on the equipment you are using. If you understand it, your final product will be better because you understand how to compensate or fix issues on the front it, and dont have to rely on "post" fixing. So you understand that the faster the shutter, the more images are going over the senor, that things like jelloing are going to be more prominent. It also begins to effect the overall look of the video because the shutter might be changing a ton to compensate for the bright conditions.

Anyway, great video . .I hate, hate, hate, hate the FC200 camera, but until something better comes along, we have to mask some of the flaws, and slowing down that shutter is a great 2nd step.

whitelens said:
Great video . . . I'm made that my DroneExpert Gimbal will not hold up my DJI filter! But, I"ve already been through that rant!
Guys, it scares me that you might be out there making "videos" and not understand shutter, 30FPS/60 fps stuff. Please educate yourself on the equipment you are using. If you understand it, your final product will be better because you understand how to compensate or fix issues on the front it, and dont have to rely on "post" fixing. So you understand that the faster the shutter, the more images are going over the senor, that things like jelloing are going to be more prominent. It also begins to effect the overall look of the video because the shutter might be changing a ton to compensate for the bright conditions.

Anyway, great video . .I hate, hate, hate, hate the FC200 camera, but until something better comes along, we have to mask some of the flaws, and slowing down that shutter is a great 2nd step.

Just got my FC200 back from RageCam. MY Dronexpert gimbal should be here tomorrow. I will post pics and videos soon.... :)

whitelens said:

Hey Whitelens, as I am new to cameras and excuse my ignorance if thats what it is, but why then haven't any videos ive madè with my stock Vision had any jello on them, ive done no post production and have videos uploaded in all formats available? In fact nearly all videos anyone has uploaded with their stock vision to youtube or vimeo have no jello at all. All im saying is in every video ive seen posted with the DE gimbal has definate jello. Hows that then?

Thats what I thought, just dont understand why whitelens has to be such a drama queen that it "Scares" him that we arent such experts as himself. Mr. Speilberg I'm sure is making a bee line for his expert camera work. The idea of a forum is for novices and experts alike to share their knowledge, not to be an *** to someone who they deem to be below their intellect.

Anyways back on track, my point is that I was going to order the DE gimbal until I've seen the (imho) very bad quality videos with jello or shutter flickers that are on every video on youtube with this gimbal. I'll now be waiting until a company can successfully make a gimbal that I will be happy with rather than buying these prototypes. I'll bide my time and invest my money wisely I think.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Thats what I thought, just dont understand why whitelens has to be such a drama queen that it "Scares" him that we arent such experts as himself. Mr. Speilberg I'm sure is making a bee line for his expert camera work. The idea of a forum is for novices and experts alike to share their knowledge, not to be an *** to someone who they deem to be below their intellect.

Anyways back on track, my point is that I was going to order the DE gimbal until I've seen the (imho) very bad quality videos with jello or shutter flickers that are on every video on youtube with this gimbal. I'll now be waiting until a company can successfully make a gimbal that I will be happy with rather than buying these prototypes. I'll bide my time and invest my money wisely I think.

Mal. Do you think this video has bad quality?
http://youtu.be/T3TFF3ZoMoA

There are a lot more good videos like this. Sorry but I don't agree with you.

LMC said:
I sent my video link to Dronexpert.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9xQDwwVgM[/youtube]

How can I do for jello ? They reply to me "
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your email.
Today we have send you the new dampers.
These will minimized the jello effect.
We will send it with standard envelop post, so it might take a few days before arrival.

See attachment how to apply the dampers at the side of the camera.You can replace the old dampers under need the mount with the new ones.
Best regards,
Giel Zwaan"

See the pic.
12744129875_1e5898c570_z.jpg

I am looking forward to the dampers.

Receive some new dampers form Dronexpert to solve jello. I feel new dampers is harder than original. Great service! :lol:

Attachments

• 12966143194_b8b64f9d7e_z.jpg
    12966143194_b8b64f9d7e_z.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 517
YeeaaBoii said:
O. Anyone wanna buy my brand new DE gimbal when I get it in a few days?

Why don't you wait until you have tried it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, now I've played around with it I'm happy, no jello and no more prop shadows with me new filter hood, it's perfect for my vacation snaps.

If you want a pro production quad and gimbal then save up and buy one, these are just expensive toys at the end of the day that were made for vacation snaps!

ValHeliRC said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Hi Val,
I have to agree with you its a pretty sweet video. Very smooth but I'm still gonna wait it out and see what else is going to come to the market over the coming months. I'm not ruling out that it could even be a DE gimbal that I get myself, I just want to make sure when I buy a gimbal that its going to be the best one out there.
Thanks for sharing the video.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
ValHeliRC said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Hi Val,
I have to agree with you its a pretty sweet video. Very smooth but I'm still gonna wait it out and see what else is going to come to the market over the coming months. I'm not ruling out that it could even be a DE gimbal that I get myself, I just want to make sure when I buy a gimbal that its going to be the best one out there.
Thanks for sharing the video.

You are welcome Mal. I think things are getting better with solutions for the P2V camera. Until now, I considered support, test videos from other users, full integration with the app and the added 7 channel feature as points in advantage for Dronexpert. Gimbal.

Yep there's no doubt that things will get better and im excited about what future improvements can be made to our birds.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Sorry, I didnt mean to be a drama queen... and you are right. . this is a place to learn and grow! I live in an area where there is a "video guy" on every corner competing with true professional video folks, but most of these guys dont know the front end of a camera from a hole in the ground, and they charge such small fees, professional folks are loosing business everyday (Until of coarse the client gets the final product and hates it)!

I apologize, and I'm glad we can all learn this camera and the art of doing these videos and stills from some amazing angles now. Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, please accept my humble apology.

No worries at all mate :) Water under the bridge.
I look forward to picking your brain on video topics in future.
Now lets keep enjoying the skies!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94